Table of Contents
Growth Opportunities in the Emerging Market
The Sri Lanka UPS market is a growing market due to the major growth across end-user segments such as government, infrastructure, BFSI , SOHO, and SME. The Sri Lankan UPS market contains a mixture of multinational suppliers, prominent importers that import UPS from China and Taiwan, and other domestic suppliers that sell imported UPS under their brand name. The increasing growth of the UPS market in Sri Lanka offers opportunity to both multinational suppliers and importers to introduce better products at competitive prices with excellent after-sales service support. In order to cater to the market demand, price, after-sales service, and timely delivery are the key differentiating factors.
• The Sri Lanka uninterruptible power supply (UPS) market generated $ million in FY2012, growing at a rate of per cent over FY2011.
• The market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X per cent from FY2012 to FY2019 because of major growth in end-user segments, including government, infrastructure, banking, financial services and insurance, small office and home office, small and medium enterprises, healthcare, and datacentre.
• The Sri Lankan UPS market contains a mixture of multinational suppliers, prominent importers, which import UPS from China and Taiwan, and other domestic suppliers, which sell imported UPS under their brand name.
• There are seven multinational UPS suppliers who are active in the Sri Lankan market. All the multinational suppliers are represented through their distributors. In addition, around Xto X suppliers have a presence in this market.
• The increasing growth of the UPS market in Sri Lanka offers opportunities for both multinational suppliers and importers to introduce better products at competitive prices with excellent after-sales service support.
• The UPS market is being consolidated globally, and this change is making its presence felt in Sri Lanka as well.
• The growth opportunities in Sri Lanka’s UPS market are sizeable. Price, after-sales service, and delivery are the key differentiating factors in the market.
• Rising battery prices and manpower costs have caused UPS suppliers to struggle to maintain their margins.
• Especially in the up-to-XkVA power range, competition is extremely severe because of a low entry barrier for new suppliers.
• In order to cater to market demand, price, after-sales service, and timely delivery are the key differentiating factors.
• The higher power-range segments, especially more than XkVA and greater, are dominated by multinational suppliers with very few Sri Lankan suppliers and importers.
1. Acute power shortage and lower quality of power across Sri Lanka is major driver for UPS industry.
2. The immediate future holds potential for datacentre growth.
3. There is potential for growth in the power, information technology/IT enabled services (IT/ITES) and banking, financial services, insurance (BFSI) segments in Sri Lanka.
4. Except for Colombo, there is large, untapped potential in small towns and Tier II and Tier III cities.
5. Sri Lanka has caught the eye of many global power backup suppliers.
The end users have been broadly classified as:
• Commercial: End users procuring UPS for applications such as small offices, home offices, point of sales.
• Healthcare: End users procuring UPS for critical applications in intensive care units, operating theatres and critical medical equipment's.
• Industrial: End users procuring UPS for mission critical applications in the textiles, paper, and pulp and process industries.
• Public Sector and Infrastructure: UPS procured by the government for various infrastructure and educational projects.
• Datacentre: End users procuring UPS for backup power applications.
• Others: Includes home and other end users that do not fall into any other category.
• A UPS system is a back-up power system used to provide continuous power to a device, despite a disruption in AC input power. Such systems can provide uninterrupted power from few minutes to several hours.
• This research covers revenue from static UPS systems. Further, it identifies supplier-side revenue for the sale of UPS systems by power range.
• A single unit consists of the UPS module that consists of a battery charger/rectifier, and the maintenance bypass switch.
• UPS prices are considered as weighted averages of individual pricing in a given power range and in the total market.
• Revenue in the supply-side analysis represents manufacturers’ earnings. The per cent share is calculated based on revenue.
• Market numbers are carried out two decimal places as the market is still in its nascent stage of development.
• The revenue mentioned is the net landing price for a distributor—that is, it includes the price of UPS systems (excluding the price of batteries for UPS systems of the rating 1kVA onwards), transportation, freight and forwarding costs, customs duty, and other applicable taxes.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the UPS market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• What are the external challenges Sri Lankan UPS market would be facing in the next seven years?
• What are the pricing trends followed across power ranges?
• Who are the major competitors in the Sri Lankan UPS market?
• It provides a comprehensive understanding of the market by power ranges?
• Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is there additional development needed?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Voltage Stabilizer System Market: Overview Voltage Stabilizer System is an electrical appliance that is used to feed voltage constantly to various electrical devices like computers, ACs, refrigerators ...
Demand from Data Centers Drives Growth in the European Union and the United States, while Ageing Infrastructure Drives Revenue in Other Regions The global UPS market is witnessing growth due to datacente ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...