Table of Contents
Increase in Integrated Pneumatic Equipment Demand is Likely to Spur Growth During Forecast Period
This research service analyses the Global Pneumatic Equipment Market during a study period spanning from 2008 to 2016. It analyses the industry challenges, and market drivers and restraints, and provides revenue forecasts by region. The study also focuses on the competitive structure of the leading market participants, and provides strategic insights into the emerging technological trends. It provides detailed market insights in individual countries considered in the study. In addition, the study highlights the key Mega Trends that help the market participants to leverage their growth potential in the pneumatic equipment market despite the challenges of the economic environment.
• The study analyses the challenges, market dynamics and future trends in the Global Pneumatic Equipment Market.
• The Global Pneumatic Equipment Market accounted for revenues of $Xbillion in 2011 and is likely to grow with a CAGR of X percent over 2011 to 2016.
• The growth of energy efficient pneumatic equipment and the expected emergence of integrated pneumatic equipment are likely to increase the revenues over the forecast period.
• The products in the study such as valves, actuators, FRL’s, fittings and other pneumatic equipment are likely to have a positive growth rate during the forecast period. In addition, the study would also provide an analysis on the distribution channel and supply chain systems used in the production of pneumatic equipment globally.
• The key challenges that market participants face include the following:
1)Competitive pricing among market participants is leading to a reduction in margins.
2)Impact of the European debt crisis on growth in the market
3)Emergence of electronic products in the pneumatic equipment market.
4)Research and development investment to create cost effective and innovative products
1. The market participants need to increase integration of the pneumatic equipment with electronic based products in order to counter the competition from electronics industry.
2. Manufacturers need to upgrade their supply chains with database management systems such as SAP in order to leverage technology to gain competitive advantage.
3. Growth areas such as shale gas in the United States and the mechatronics industry in Germany are key trends that could enhance demand for pneumatic products.
4. Green technology and environment driven policies are major long term sustainable strategies especially in regions such as EMEA and North America.
This study covers the Valves such as direct solenoid valves, solenoid pilot valves, air pilot valves, pressure relief valves and manual valves among others. In addition, the soft start valves (SSV) is also to be considered under the valves segment.
A pneumatic actuator converts energy in the form of compressed air into mechanical motion which is either linear or rotary. This study includes the types of actuators such as include rotary, slide, VDMA, mini compact, rod-less and tie road actuators.
An FRL is pneumatic equipment that is used to protect the systems from dust particles, moisture and abrasive materials and also to lubricate it. In addition,FRL’s are mostly customized and are used in wide range of end users including material handling and oil and gas industries. This study covers the FRL’s in all the end users.
A pneumatic fitting is any machine component, piping or tubing part of pneumatic equipment that can attach or connect larger parts. Fittings are easy to use high strength, have a longer service life and are efficient. They could be used in various applications such as automotive and material handling industries.
Other products equipment in the study includes air brakes, compressors, couplings, pneumatic sensors and pneumatic equipment for niche applications.
Historic Period: 2008-2010
Base Year: 2011
Short Term: 2012-2013
Medium Term: 2014-2015
Long Term: 2016
Asia-Pacific (includes Australia)
EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
North America (includes United States Canada and Mexico)
Rest of World (South America, Russia and others)
End User Segmentation
Pneumatic technology within a working vehicle, such as the equipment used for brakes, clutches, power steering and suspension systems, air bags, door panels, dash assemblies
Lift trucks, Lift tables, Cranes and hoists, Palletizers and de-palletizers, Conveyors, Automated storage and retrieval systems
Food Processing and Packaging
Food packaging, handling and manufacturing products. In addition, there would be soft drink and processed food production
High Tech Products and Electronics
Consists of products such as microchips, silicon wafers, pick and place assembly, surface mount technology (SMT) applications and all other hi-tech products and consumer electronics manufacturing
Aerospace and Defence
Defence products, commercial and civil aerospace applications
Paper Pulp and Printing
The paper, pulp and printing end-user sector includes all processes that are used to handle paper, pulp and printing
Products include standard machine components and customized machine components.
Products include the manufacturing of material and all clothing that include accessories such as shoes, boots, belts, purses and wallets
Oil and Gas
Includes products such as petroleum products, gasoline, lubricants and additive products
Non Metal Industry
Products such as medical and pharmaceutical equipment, wood, plastic, ceramic and other nonmetal materials
Others include niche applications and other electronics products
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
• Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they get acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
• How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
• Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is there additional development needed?
• Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The expansion of the global AC motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.7%. Currently, AC motors ...
The expansion of the global AC generator industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 0.7%. Currently, AC generators ...
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...