Table of Contents
Large Datacentres Present Immense Scope for Market Growth
The UPS market in Europe is expected to register medium growth between 2010 and 2017. Among the end users, datacentres made the highest contribution to the UPS revenue, in 2010. This segment was followed by the commercial and public/infrastructure segments. Datacentres are mainly concerned about the total cost of ownership (TCO) and hence green and energy efficient UPS systems are gaining popularity. Moreover, datacenters are increasingly looking at modular UPS systems, since they can add extra modules when their power requirements increase. Competitive prices, quality, reliability and availability are the factors expected to influence the customers’ decisions, while choosing UPS manufacturers.
- The uninterruptible power supply (UPS) market in Europe is expected to register medium growth between 2010 and 2015, at a CAGR ofXper cent.
- The modular UPS segment is expected to witness high growth, at a CAGR of X per cent from 2010 to 2015, and have a positive effect on the growth rate of the general UPS systems.
- Among the end users, data centres made the highest contribution to the UPS revenue, with a market share of Xper cent in 2010, followed by the commercial and public/infrastructure sectors, with contributions of Xper cent and Xper cent, respectively. Countrywise, the United Kingdom (UK) leads, accounting for X per cent of the UPS market revenue.
- The datacentre segment, which is poised for high growth during the forecast period, with a CAGR of X between 2010 and 2015, is the fastest growing segment.
- Competitive prices, quality, reliability and availability are the factors expected to influence the customers’ decisions, while choosing UPS manufacturers. The UPS market in Europe is witnessing a high degree of competition, with Xto Xactive market participants.
1. There is immense potential for the UPS market in the central and eastern European countries.
2. Modular UPS technology is gaining ground and it has the potential to be the next big thing in the UPS industry.
3. There is a drive towards energy efficiency, which would complement new product development.
4. The large three-phase UPS systems are becoming increasingly popular; there is a gradual shift from single phase to three phase systems.
5. There is great opportunity for UPS systems in datacentres; the number of large datacentres in Europe is set to increase in the future.
Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Definition:
A UPS system is defined as a back-up power system that ensures uninterrupted power delivery to electronic and electrical applications. Uninterrupted power delivery extends from five minutes to several hours, depending on the energy storage specifications of the system. UPS systems perform three main functions:
- Provide enough transition time to bridge power with a generator
- Provide sufficient time to shut down the network properly, preventing data loss
- Provide ride-through power, during a short power outage or voltage fluctuations
Geographic Scope (Europe) Includes:
United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Benelux, Central and Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe
Central and Eastern Europe includes: Serbia, Slovakia, Romania, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia and Albania
Rest of Europe includes: Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Republic of Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Switzerland and Austria
Vertical Application Segments Include:
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
- How is the revenue system structured? What are the segments that are experiencing growth and what are the segments that are witnessing decline?
- Who are the major participants in this market and what is their market share?
- How does the competitive scenario look?
- Which applications offer the most growth potential?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Voltage Stabilizer System Market: Overview Voltage Stabilizer System is an electrical appliance that is used to feed voltage constantly to various electrical devices like computers, ACs, refrigerators ...
Demand from Data Centers Drives Growth in the European Union and the United States, while Ageing Infrastructure Drives Revenue in Other Regions The global UPS market is witnessing growth due to datacente ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...