Table of Contents
Increase in the country's defense expenditure can be attributed to the deteriorating security situation in Europe, particularly in the wake of Russian aggression against Ukraine and Sweden's efforts to increase operational war fighting capability of the armed forces. As a result, the government has decided to substantially increase defense budget for the first time in two decades. Over the forecast period, the country's defense industry is expected to incur a cumulative spending of US$34.3 billion with most of the expenditure being directed towards the purchase of advanced defense systems, international peacekeeping missions, and research and development initiatives
- Over the historic period, defense expenditure registered a growth rate of 1.11%, increasing from US$6.1 billion in 2011 to US$6.4 billion in 2015
- Military expenditure, valued at US$6.6 billion in 2016, is expected to increase to US$7.2 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 2.20% over the forecast period
- Military expenditure will be driven by the threat from Russia, modernization initiatives and participation in peace keeping missions
- The Defense Ministry is expected to procure fighters and multi-role aircraft, diesel electric submarines, aviation MRO and cyber security
Strategic Defense Intelligence's - Swedish Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020 report offers a detailed analysis with market size forecasts for 2016-2020. The factors that influence demand, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants are also covered.In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Defense industry market size from 2016 -2020, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. A snapshot of the country's expenditure and modernization patterns are provided
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. The key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country are also detailed
- Porter's five forces analysis: study the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and export dynamics: review the prevalent trends in the country's imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: identify the top five defense investment opportunities from 2015 to 2025
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: including an overview of leading players, key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
Reasons To Buy
- Identify and track the global defense market and make regional comparisons to effectively target new revenue streams
- Understand the importance of being led by the defense ministries in the military procurement market and define your strategies with insight on what your customers really want by analyzing recent orders, technical specifications and the country's expected investment pattern during 2016-2020
- Make correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the industry from 2016-2020 which includes the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers along with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis
- Determine prospective investment areas by gaining an in-depth understanding of the industry in terms of market opportunities
- Channelize resources by identifying various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues across different sectors during 2016-2020
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Geospatial analytics market projected to grow at a CAGR of 19.2%” The geospatial analytics market is projected to grow from USD 30.71 billion in 2016 to USD 73.91 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 19.2%. ...
Global Military Personal Protective Equipment Market: Overview Military personal protective equipment has become a crucial and standard element of soldier equipment. One of the major factor driving the ...
“Fiber optics gyroscope market to grow at a CAGR of 3.61% between 2016 and 2022” The fiber optics gyroscope market is expected to reach USD 1,037.0 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 3.61% between 2016 ...