Table of Contents
Digital penetration will exceed half the TV households in Sub-Saharan Africa very soon, according to a new report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa Forecasts report estimates nearly every home will be converted by 2020.
Analog terrestrial switchover will account for much of this growth, with more than two-thirds of TV homes receiving DTT signals by 2020 - up from fewer than a fifth at end-2013. Around 28% of TV households will have satellite dishes (pay and FTA combined) in 2020.
We have overhauled our Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report for the third edition to make it even more comprehensive:
• it is twice the size of the previous edition at 260 pages;
• full forecasts are available for 35 countries – compared with nine countries in the previous edition;
• forecasts have been extended to 2020.
One of the few things that we haven’t changed is the price – it’s the same as the previous edition.
Published in January 2014, the PDF and excel report comes in five parts:
• Executive summary and regional forecasts – including detailed profiles of the main pan-regional players, such as StarTimes, DStv, GOtv and Canal Plus Afrique.
• Regional forecasts summary from 2010 to 2020 by platform, by household penetration, by pay TV subscribers and by pay TV revenues.
• Top-line forecasts (population, population per household, households and TV households) for 42 countries.
• Country profiles for 35 territories.
• Detailed country forecasts for 35 nations.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
State of TV & Video Services Worldwide Terrestrial - Satellite - Cable - IPTV - DVD - Blu-ray - Video on demand Our TV experts publish half-yearly their TV & Video Services observatory covering 39 countries, ...
The Sub-Saharan Africa Pay TV Forecasts report estimates that three groups will continue to account for 90% of Sub-Saharan Africa’s pay TV subscribers. Multichoice had 11.61 million subscribers across ...
Tough times continue in Eastern Europe, with poor job prospects forcing many to seek work abroad. This migration married with low birth rates mean that populations will fall in 15 of the 22 countries covered ...