Table of Contents
Use this report to:
- Understand the market dynamics for infusion pumps and devices by type, application and region, their latest technological advancements and new product launches.
- Assess the number of U.S. patents associated with infusion pumps by patent assignee, by type and country.
- Gain insight into major market players, their corporate profiles and sales figures.
- The global market for infusion pumps and devices reached $18.5 billion in 2015. The market should reach $19.6 billion in 2016 and nearly $25.8 billion by 2021, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% from 2016 to 2021.
- The general infusion pumps and devices market reached $11.8 billion in 2015. The market should reach $12.7 billion in 2016 and $17.1 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2016 to 2021.
- The specialty infusion pumps and devices market reached $6.7 billion in 2015. The market should reach over $6.9 billion in 2016 and $8.7 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2016 to 2021.
The infusion pumps and devices market is highly competitive, with industry leaders retaining market share through continuous product innovation and aggressive pricing. BCC Research’s goal in conducting this study is to provide an overview of the current and future characteristics of the global market for infusion devices. The key objective is to present a comprehensive analysis and future direction of infusion devices as important medical devices.
This report explores present and future strategies within the infusion devices market, which includes general infusion pumps and devices and specialty infusion pumps and devices. The innovations in the market, the setbacks and the needs of the market are discussed in this report. The classification, comparisons and usage of these types of medical devices are also portrayed in this report.
A detailed analysis of infusion devices industry structure has been conducted. Revenues are broken down by region. Sales figures are estimated for the five-year period from 2016 through 2021. Applications for infusion devices are also discussed separately in the report. The report also covers significant patents and their allotments in each category.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
Infusion devices are used in all clinical settings, such as hospitals, physicians’ clinics, ambulatory care centers and nursing facilities and are essential tools for providing preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative care, critical care and pain management. Extensive research in the field of infusion devices has expanded their functionality, with diversified uses ranging from fluid administration to intravenous delivery of medicines. In recent years, the use of infusion pumps has increased, creating intense demand for smart insulin pumps, chemotherapy pumps, patient controlled analgesia pumps and various other types of infusion devices. This has led to a steady and lucrative market for the devices.
Research and development (R&D) spending, along with increasing competition, and new technologies are giving the market a new direction. The new advancements, new product launches and changing lifestyles will influence market growth in the foreseeable future. This study looks at almost all the systems affected by these factors. Acquisition strategies and collaborations by companies are also covered in this report. This study also discusses the strength and weaknesses of each type/technology in light of the new technologies, growing competition and changing customer needs.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE STUDY AND FOR WHOM
This study contributes to the understanding of market growth in infusion device manufacturers and users. Research centers, academic institutions, government and private laboratories, as well as pharmaceutical companies, diagnostic centers, hospitals and physicians will find this study to be of interest.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Infusion pumps and devices range from very simple mechanical devices to sophisticated microprocessor-controlled pumps. This report focuses on the global market of infusion devices and applications as medical equipment. This report focuses on the global market of infusion pumps and devices, providing an updated review including basic design and its applications in various arenas of biomedical and healthcare sectors. The report covers the total market, which includes two broad categories: general infusion pumps and devices, and specialty infusion pumps and devices. General pumps and devices are categorized into large volume infusion pumps, ambulatory and disposable pumps, syringe infusion and chemotherapy pumps.
Specialty pumps are categorized as enteral, patient-controlled analgesics (PCA), insulin pumps and implantable pumps. The report also covers the market for infusion devices by the end user, with emphasis on the usage of infusion pumps and devices in therapeutic categories and various disease sectors. The end users for infusion devices considered in the report are diabetes, anesthesia and analgesia, oncology and blood disorders, nutrition, other applications such as treatment of diseases like congestive heart failure, Parkinson’s disease, hemophilia and immune deficiencies.
The scope of the study is global. BCC Research analyzed each market and its application, regulatory environment, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares. The geographical regions covered in the report are North America, Europe and emerging markets. The emerging market covers countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, etc.
Also included in the report are relevant patent analysis and comprehensive profiles of companies that lead the infusion devices industry. The key market players include Animas Corp., Baxter International, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Fresenius Kabi AG, I-Flow Corp., Hospira Inc., Insulet Corp., Medtronic, Moog Inc. and Smiths Medical.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. BCC Research conducted a comprehensive literature search, which included technical newsletters and journals, and many other sources. Information was collected through interviews and correspondence with manufacturers and users of infusion devices.
Projections were based on estimates such as the current number of end users, potential end users, mergers and acquisitions, and market trends.
Many companies were surveyed to obtain data for this study. Included were manufacturers and end users of infusion devices. Information was gathered from various industry sources. BCC Research spoke with officials within the industry, consulted newsletters, company literature, product literature, and a host of technical articles, journals, indexes and abstracts. Exhaustive investigations of databases by key terminology were completed. In addition, data were compiled from current financial, trade, and government sources.
The study has been carried out by a team of professionals in the biotechnology industry. The project manager is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has more than 14 years of industry experience. She was awarded a Gold Medal by the prime minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in India and in the U.S. Some of her other reports for BCC Research are:
- Global Markets for Reagents for Chromatography.
- Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment.
- Global Markets and Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems.
- Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices.
- Global Markets for Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment.
- The Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry
- Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology.
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging.
- Global Markets for Chiral Technology.
- Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets.
- Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets.
- Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market.
- Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets.
- Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices.
- Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets.
- Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment.
The lead consultant for this project was Dr. Smita Khanna, who holds a Ph.D. in biotechnology. She has many publications in the field of biotechnology and has worked with many big research institutes.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Use this report to: - Analyze recent developments and current trends in the global market for hydraulic pumps. - Identify significant drivers of revenue growth in specific hydraulic pump categories. - ...
The U.S. veterinary infusion pumps market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2016 to 2021, to reach USD 35.4 million by 2021 from USD 26.6 million in 2016. Growth in this market is attributed ...
“Top 10 pumps and motors market is expected to reach USD 100.66 billion by 2021” The Top 10 pumps and motors market is expected to grow from an estimated USD 71.01 billion in 2016 to USD 100.66 billion ...