Table of Contents
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This BCC Research report analyzes the global trends in smoking cessation. Public health departments and national regulatory agencies are working to create awareness on the health hazards of smoking. Their efforts are to educate, counsel and prevent people from smoking. Smoking cessation medications are used to help patients cope with the withdrawal symptoms of smoking and nicotine dependence and assist them in quitting smoking completely.
The objective of this study is to understand current market trends, future prospects and opportunities in nicotine dependence treatments. The report will assess the role of smoking cessation medicines in improving the quit rate. It will bring out the key result areas of smoking cessation medicines and will address the areas that need improvement.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Reducing the prevalence of smoking is a national agenda of many nations, including emerging markets. This development provides an opportunity to manufacturers and marketers of smoking cessation medicines to expand organically. The study will help in understanding the length and breadth of the market as well as initiate strategies.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report covers developed and emerging markets in order to help readers understand:
• The current state of the smoking cessation market and the key markets for its future development.
• New technologies that will influence the development of smoking cessation products.
• Market drivers and threats for the smoking cessation medicine industry.
• Major regional trends in the global smoking cessation market.
• Competitive analysis of the market.
• Branded versus generic, and over-the-counter versus prescription for nicotine replacements, non-nicotine and antidepressants.
• Executives of pharmaceutical companies who are currently marketing smoking cessation aids.
• Executives of companies that provide third-party manufacturing and development facilities for smoking cessation medications.
• Manufacturers of gum base, resins, alkaloids and other raw materials for the manufacturing of nicotine replacement therapies.
• Developers of novel nicotine delivery systems.
• Tobacco companies that intend to enter the tobacco transformation market.
• Entrepreneurs, management consultants, and merger and acquisition (M&A) consultants.
• Financial institutions, venture capitalists and angel investors.
• Manufacturers and exporters of alternate smoking cessation aids.
• Government agencies, public health departments and organizations working in tobacco prevention and control.
The information and analysis presented in this BCC Research report are based on firsthand information from primary executives, product managers and clinical specialists; background information obtained from various government, business, medical journal and trade magazines; and statistical data from organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO), the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), The Tobacco Atlas and others working in public health and tobacco control.
Key information from published literature was used to conduct interviews with industry participants to validate and obtain expert opinions on current and future trends. Interviews were also used to confirm and/or adjust market size and market share estimates, as well as to formulate market projections. All market data pertain to the manufacturer’s level. Data are expressed in 2012 U.S. dollars. The base year was 2012. Historical data are provided for 2011 and forecast data are provided for 2013 and 2018. Historical, base year and forecast data are provided for each market segment and sub-segment. Market shares are provided for each market segment for the base year of 2012.
Anand Gijare has been authoring business reports as his main focus for the last five years. His domain expertise lays in the pharmaceutical, IT and telecom fields. He has a diploma in Financial Management, a PGDM in marketing and a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
• Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders.
• Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters.
• Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
• Register for BCC’s well-known conferences.
• Request additional information on any BCC product.
• Take advantage of special offers.
This report provides:
• An overview of the global market for medicines used to quit smoking, which help in coping with nicotine withdrawal symptoms developed after a long-term addiction to tobacco.
• Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
• Discussion of the history and current state of smoking cessation methods, worldwide trends in smoking, and mechanisms of actions, such as nicotine replacement therapy, nicotine receptor partial agonist, and antidepressants.
• A list of pipeline products and an in-depth focus on promising pipeline candidates, as well current patents and new applications.
• Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global electrosurgery market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2016 to 2021 to reach USD 5.17 billion by 2021. Factors such as technological advancements in electrosurgery devices, growing ...
The Global market for Smoking cessation Aids Market is expected to reach $XX by the end of 2020 growing at a CAGR of around XX% from 2015 to 2021. Smoking cessation aids are products that help an individual ...
About Tobacco Alternative Gums Tobacco alternative gums are products such as nicotine gums, which are used by smokers to quit smoking. Nicotine gum is a smoking cessation product, which helps smokers to ...