Table of Contents
Utilities in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the utilities market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the utilities market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa utilities market with five year forecasts
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa utilities market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the South Africa utilities market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the South Africa utilities market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Africa's utilities market?
The utilities industry consists of the electricity, gas and water markets. The electricity retailing market consists of the net consumption of electricity by end-users, segmented by industrial, transportation, commercial and public services, and residential consumption. The gas utilities market covers all natural gas consumption, net of distribution or transmission losses, by end-users in the following categories: industrial (including use as a feedstock and auto generation), commercial and public-sector organizations, residential consumers, electric power generation (including combined heat and power but excluding auto generation and heat plant), and other (including transport, agriculture, centralized heat plant, and other usage). The water utilities industry consists of all water that is collected, treated and distributed to agricultural, industrial, and residential end-users.
The South African utilities industry is expected to generate total revenues of $14.0bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% between 2012 and 2016.
The electricity segment is expected to be the industry's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $11.3bn, equivalent to 80.3% of the industry's overall value.
South African utilities companies is lacking investment and is suffering from poor efficiency. “Load shedding”, the practice of rolling blackouts, have been in place since November 2015 as the nation's public electricity board, Eskom, is unable to meet demand.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...
The report package Electric Generator and Motor Market in Asia to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook ...
The report package Electric Generating Set Market in Asia to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook fo ...