Table of Contents
Opportunities in Healthcare Lead to Market Growth
This research service analyzes the Southeast Asia and Australia-New Zealand real-time location systems (RTLS) market. It provides revenue forecasts for the total market as well as by product, technology, region, and end-user application. Also covered are the drivers and restraints of market growth, overall market trends, and mega trends that are expected to shape the future of this market. The base year of the study is 2011, with forecasts till 2016.
• The real-time location systems (RTLS) market in Southeast Asia and Australia-New Zealand is at a nascent stage.
• It was valued at $Xmillion in 2011, and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of Xpercent during 2011–2016.
• The healthcare sector is the largest contributor to the growth of this market, and it is expected to continue to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
• The greatest restraint for this market is the high upfront cost involved in the initial deployment of a full-fledged RTLS system, which causes end users to delay their decisions on implementing the solution despite the value it could bring in for their business.
• The distribution of RTLS solutions mostly involves indirect distribution in Southeast Asia and in Australia-New Zealand.
• Most of the market participants, particularly the technology providers, are global participants. They are working on increasing channel partnerships in the region to gain a wider reach in their business.
1. The RTLS market in Southeast Asia and Australia-New Zealand is at a nascent stage.
2. Growth opportunities are tremendous for this market; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of X percent till 2016.
3. The healthcare sector is expected to drive the rapid growth of the market, as there is a strong need to improve workflow automation and efficiency in healthcare processes in the region.
4. The high upfront costs in RTLS deployments, however, present a huge barrier to adoption, and are likely to impede market growth.
• This research service covers the Southeast Asia (SEA) and Australia-New Zealand (ANZ) real-time locating system (RTLS) market. The base year for the study is 2011, with forecasts running through till 2016.
• Southeast Asia consists of six developing countries—Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines. ANZ consists of Australia and New Zealand.
• Market revenue is based on a supply side analysis of the RTLS market. It includes revenue gained from the sales of tags, hardware, and software for RTLS solutions and does not include revenue from system integration services.
• The RTLS market in Southeast Asia and ANZ has been analyzed based on the key RTLS technologies contributing to the growth of the market, which includes Wi-Fi, ultra-wideband (UWB), Zigbee, ultrasound, active radio frequency identification, passive radio frequency identification, and infrared.
• The end-user segments examined in this research service include healthcare, oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, and a segment categorized as “others,” which includes education, government, aged-care, and correctional facilities.
• The indirect distribution channel consists of system integrators and value-added resellers. System integrators are typically large global participants focused on certain applications, while value-added resellers are smaller companies focused on a local market.
• The drivers and restraints that influence the growth of the market have been analyzed.
• All revenues mentioned are in U.S. dollars.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the RTLS market in Southeast Asia and Australia-New Zealand growing? What is the state of the market, and what are the likely growth rates it can achieve?
• What are the key applications driving market growth? How are they likely to influence the market in future?
• What is the distribution channel for RTLS solutions in Southeast Asia and Australia-New Zealand?
• What are the growth opportunities for industry participants?
• What are the mega trends that will shape the future of RTLS solutions?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Asset management system market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2016 and 2022” The asset management system market is expected to reach USD 25.55 billion by 2022, growing at ...
This study covers the world outlook for real-time location system (RTLS) solutions across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry ...
This study covers the world outlook for healthcare real-time location systems (RTLS) across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry ...