Table of Contents
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Brazil
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest report, "CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Brazil". The report is an essential source of information on and analysis of the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape in Brazil. It identifies the key trends in the country’s healthcare market and provides insights into its demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of its pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It uses data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research, and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
Brazil’s population in 2013 was approximately 198 million, having grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.9% from 2008. The country’s increasingly elderly population and the corresponding increase in the incidence of chronic diseases will help to boost the growth of the pharmaceutical market, which was estimated to be worth $14.1 billion in 2008, and is projected to reach approximately $47.9 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 8.5%. Approximately 60–80% of the Brazilian population has healthcare coverage, which has helped to create one of the most efficient healthcare systems among the BRICS countries, along with the fact that the government has taken new initiatives to promote generic drugs. The medical device market was valued at $6.4 billion in 2008, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% to an estimated $14.2 billion in 2020, primarily attributed to -
- Sedentary lifestyles leading to a high chronic disease burden
- Easy accessibility to diagnostic technologies
- Increased accessibility to healthcare professionals in remote areas
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in Brazil, and includes -
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, comprising market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market: Hypermarcus, Pfizer, Novartis, Roche and EMS Sigma Pharma; and profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the medical device market: Siemens Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Roche, Essilor, and Philips
- Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering details of the country’s healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market
Reasons to buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving Brazil’s healthcare market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments, and companies likely to affect Brazil’s healthcare market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnerships
- Identify, understand, and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in Brazil’s healthcare market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
Digital transformation helps enterprises improve operational performance, efficiency, and business process. It involves the utilization of digital technologies, such as mobility, analytics, and social ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...