Table of Contents
Rising Costs for Advanced Components to Drive Revenue during the 2012–2019 Period
The aim of this study is to identify the size and direction of the North American collision parts aftermarket and to highlight opportunities for growth. The base year is 2012 and forecasts run from 2013 to 2019. The study provides opportunity sizing for the market, and forecasts its direction by analyzing drivers and restraints. It also offers an in-depth understanding of the aftermarket’s competitive structure, so participants can identify key success factors and determine effective growth strategies. The distribution channels that offer the highest growth potential are determined, as well as shifts in product preferences, so participants can position themselves for sustainable success.
Executive Summary—Key Findings
By 2019, revenue opportunity for collision parts, including paint and body equipment, in North America is expected to reach $X billion.
1. Between 2012 and 2019, the North American aftermarket for collision parts is expected to grow at a CAGR ofX% and reach $X billion in revenue.
2. Collision body parts represent an estimated X% of revenue for all products covered in this analysis, with paint and body equipment (PBE) representingX% of total revenue. PBE will post the highest growth of all segments over the 2012–2019 period.
3. Vehicle repair costs continue to rise mainly because the technologically-advanced replacement components are expensive. This will be the main driver of revenue growth over the 2012–2019 period, with unit shipments growing at just X– % annually.
4. OES represents the largest distribution channel for collision parts, capturing an estimated X% of 2012 revenues. However, dealerships will face increasing competition over the 2012–2019 period, as insurers seek lower-priced replacement parts.
5. The market is highly fragmented, with only LKQ Corporation having at leastX% market share (excluding PBE). Three companies—also including PPG and Axalta Coating Systems (formerly DuPont Performance Coatings)—have at leastX% share when PBE is included.
Key Questions this Study Will Answer
What is the short-to-medium term outlook for the North American collision parts aftermarket?
Which market segments are growing the fastest and why?
Which distribution channels are growing the fastest and why?
Who are the market share leaders in the North American collision parts aftermarket?
What are the key factors that impact pricing for North American collision parts in the aftermarket?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Increased use of automotive NVH materials in passenger vehicles and stringent government regulations to make quieter and safer cars are driving the automotive NVH materials market” The global automotive ...
The Global Automotive Glass Market is poised to grow at a CAGR of around 6.7% over the next decade to reach approximately $32.5 billion by 2025. This industry report analyzes the market estimates and forecasts ...
KEY FINDINGS The global automotive paints and coatings market is projected to grow from $27.55 billion in 2017 to $40.73 billion by 2025 growing at a CAGR of 5.01% during the forecast period. MARKET INSIGHTS ...