Table of Contents
Enterprise Mobility and Bring your Own Device Enhance Technology
The Asia-Pacific WAN optimization controller market stagnated in H1 2012, registering a mere year-over-year growth. Even though most Asia-Pacific markets hit mature levels of adoption, demand for the technology was lukewarm compared to application delivery controller. The lack of market buzz in this space may be a reason why the market faced a decline during the study period. Nonetheless, with Asia-Pacific considered a region of growth against the backdrop of faltering US and European economies, a number of enterprises in the United States and Europe may shift their operations towards this region that gives some ray of hope for the WAN optimization controller market.
• The Asia-Pacific (APAC) wide area network (WAN) optimization controller market registered a modest year-over-year (YOY) growth of X% in 2012. The market had a sluggish start in 2012, which left many vendors questioning the future of the WAN optimization controller market.
• With the prevalence of the Internet and Internet-based applications, the traditional WAN design was transformed, with the Internet often considered the new WAN. These changes prompted many key WAN optimization controller (WOC) vendors to extend their portfolios or incorporate complementary capabilities into the platform.
• WAN optimization, therefore, is crucial for the success of business applications to deliver proper application capabilities across multiple locations or topologies. For instance, with the enterprise mobility and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trends in APAC, many WOC vendors introduced or enhanced the Internet or mobile acceleration functionalities in addition to their solutions.
• The service provider vertical continued to lead in spending in the APAC WAN optimization controller market in 2012, accounting for a total share of X%. With more service providers offering managed WOC services on top of traditional services, WOC spending responsibility is expected to fall on service providers.
• The WAN optimization controller market is transforming from hardware-heavy appliances to cloud services, with managed WOC services and cloud-based WOC services rising in popularity.
• The APAC WAN optimization controller market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X%, reaching a total revenue of $Xbillion in 2019. Moving forward, the strong association between the WOC solution and its ability to enable cloud infrastructure or cloud-based applications such as Microsoft Office X may ensure a stable demand for the WOC technology among APAC enterprises.
WAN Optimization Controller (WOC):
WAN traffic management controllers are appliances or software that enhance WAN performance by classifying, monitoring, and shaping WAN traffic.
WAN acceleration controllers are symmetric appliances or software that are deployed in datacenters and branch offices to enhance application and WAN performance. The controllers use techniques such as traffic shaping, compression, caching, and protocol acceleration to enhance performance. The WOC technology can be deployed at datacenters, branch offices, and end points.
• All revenue is based on end-user prices, which is actual price paid by the end user for the products. All revenue associated with system integration, maintenance, and other professional services attributes have been excluded from this analysis.
• Revenue is in US dollars, unless specified otherwise.
• The average channel markup is assumed to be between X% and X%.
• The research excludes WAN optimization products that focus exclusively on non-enterprise verticals such as telecom-focused products.
• Appliances that offer limited functionality by offering these as non-core features on routers or other platforms are excluded from the study.
• Stand-alone WAN link load balancers are excluded from this study. Only symmetric appliance deployments are considered in the WAN acceleration segment’s revenue.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The increasing need for simplified network architecture and enhanced security is expected to drive the growth of the software-defined everything and networking technologies” The top 10 Software-Defined ...
This IDC study analyzes the key trends affecting the WAN optimization market. This document also provides the worldwide revenue forecast for the WAN optimization market. It segments the forecast into the ...
This IDC study provides predictions for the top 10 trends impacting enterprise and datacenter networking in 2017."IDC believes that in 2017, both enterprise networking and datacenter networking will continue ...