Table of Contents
Nearing the Tipping Point of Large Scale UC Adoption
The proliferation of IP-based communications infrastructure that boosted adoption of more advanced communications solutions is driving the unified communications (UC) and collaboration solutions market in Latin America. In this research service, Frost & Sullivan covers the principal drivers and restraints impacting the market and analyzes the solutions that are spearheading growth in the region. Further, the study provides information regarding vendor market share, segmented by application and region. Finally, the study offers predictions on where the market is going and provides recommendations for vendors to maximize growth opportunities.
• In 2012, the unified communications (UC) and collaboration solutions market in Latin America generated revenue of $Xmillion, representing X% growth from 2012.
• Market growth is expected in response to the proliferation of connected devices, the rise of the small and midsize business (SMB), and a better understanding by companies of UC benefits, among other influences.
• Factors that will deter growth include: an enterprise’s knowledge gap, limited investment in voice/data/video infrastructure, and competition from free solutions.
• The combined effects of the aforementioned factors, and others discussed throughout the study, will result in a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% (2012–2019).
• The fastest growing application will be unified clients with a total CAGR of X% followed by videoconferencing at a X% CAGR.
• IP telephony and IP phone sales have a similar CAGR,X% and X%, respectively. The combined market share of these X applications hit X% in 2012.
• Continuing a trend of several years, traditional telephony sales are declining and will continue to do so through the forecast period at a CAGR of negative X%.
• In 2012, Brazil was the largest market in Latin America, accounting for X% of total sales.
• Furthermore, the Brazilian market is expected to have the fastest growing CAGR of all regions under analysis, X%.
• Despite a slowing economy, Frost & Sullivan considers that Brazil’s information and communication technology (ICT) market will remain strong.
• Mexico and the Andean Region are positioned to have the second highest CAGR in Latin America, both X%.
• In 2012, Cisco was the market leader with 34.3%, followed by Avaya with X%, and Siemens Enterprise with X% market share.
• Cisco increased its share by X% over 2011; Avaya experienced a dip of X% in its participation, and Siemens Enterprise grew its share by X%.
• The combined market share of the top X participants increased slightly in 2012, upX% from 2011.
- Although companies are increasingly aware of and informed about UC benefits, a large knowledge gap still exists.
- A growing IP telephony installed base has set the necessary foundation for other UC applications to emerge and grow.
- Unified clients represent the highest growth opportunity application followed by videoconferencing solutions.
- The SMB segment is becoming more tech savvy, a condition that is positively impacting their decision to deploy UC solutions.
- Vendors need to look for new market opportunities (e.g., the SMB) while adding value in existing segments.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What solutions, regions, and end-user segments represent the greatest growth opportunity for vendors, service providers, and partners?
What principal factors are driving and restraining growth in this market?
Which market participants are growing the fastest in each region? Which market participants did poorly in 2012?
How will the revenue distribution between regions evolve through the forecast period (2013–2019)?
Are the solutions offered today meeting customer needs? If not, what are the unmet needs?
How is the ecosystem for this market composed? How do enterprises acquire these solutions today? Is the current structure encouraging or deterring market growth?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The Global Unified COmmunication as a service in Energy market is valued at USD XX.XX billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD XX.XX billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR ...
The Global Unified Communication as a service in Manufacturing market is valued at USD XX.XX billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD XX.XX billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected ...
The Global Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) market is valued at USD XX.XX billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD XX.XX billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR ...