Table of Contents
There has been significant innovation in the customer relationship management (CRM and customer interaction sub-segments of the customer care software market, driven by communications service providers' need to increase ARPU and decrease churn. This report provides a 5-year forecast for the customer care systems market and its four sub-segments by telecoms service and geographical region.
Providers in all regions will invest in customer interaction systems to reduce costs while maintaining high service levels
The customer interaction market continues to grow as CSPs increasingly move towards self service, which has been shown to reduce customer care centre costs by as much as 20% and increase ARPU by up to 18%.
Customer interaction systems enable people to interact directly with systems. They include software for IVR units, web and app portals, social help systems, other self-care and self-service applications, and customer contact infrastructure software.
Revenue from customer interaction systems is forecast to grow at a 7.3% CAGR during the next five years. IVR and portals will grow to provide self-service, which will restrict growth in the number of attendants. Outsourcing of contact centres is likely to remain popular.
CSPs in mature markets have spent heavily on contact centre infrastructure. However, they will continue to spend in order to maintain established systems, upgrade IVR systems with new technologies to provide ‘automated attendant’ services, and create more-sophisticated portals for web browsers and handheld device apps for self-care and self-service. Much of this work will be done in-house on top of commercial software platforms and software application platforms.
Spending among CSPs in emerging markets will grow as they seek to limit the growth of their attendant workforce with customer interaction software systems.
Market drivers and inhibitors
• Growth of subscriber numbers in emerging markets
• Competition among CSPs and with OTT substitutes
• Rapid introduction of new, complex services and bundles
• Focus on customer experience management (CEM)
• Rapid introduction of new analytics packages
• Opex reduction
• System convergence
• Focus on enterprise and SME markets
• Double-sided business models for digital economy services
• Cloud services
• M2M services
• ISVs providing customer care functions as SaaS (in the long term)
• Challenging worldwide economic conditions
• Cost of converting systems and data
• Outsourced customer care operations
• ISVs providing customer care functions as SaaS (in the short term)
• CSPs’ limited control over smartphones
• Rationalisation of systems following acquisitions
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
"Despite a decline in overall fixed revenue in Western Europe, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.5% between 2015 and 2021." Fixed broadband revenue in Western Europe (WE) is expected ...
This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast of more than 175 mobile and fixed KPIs for the Middle East and North Africa, as a whole and for 12 key countries, which was previously published ...