Table of Contents
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report provides the reader with a detailed analysis of the global seed treatment market. It also discusses technological developments and equipments, evolution of seed treatment, future trends and opportunities. This information will be useful for those involved in strategic planning, marketing, sales and technological development. The major objectives of this study are as follows:
• Assess the seed treatment market by crop type.
• Identify driving and restraining factors for the global seed treatment market.
• Make available the most current and reliable information on the market size.
• Estimate the global supply and demand scenario broken down by applications and regions.
• Estimate the growth rate in demand.
• Estimate the projected global supply and demand scenario over the next five years and to analyze it by application as well as by crop type.
• Identify recent developments, alliances, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions in the global seed treatment market.
Projections for seed treatment use will be offered for geographical regions including North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico); South America (Brazil, Argentina); Europe (France, Germany, U.K., Italy); the Asia-Pacific region (China, India, Australia, Japan), and the rest of the world (South Africa, Russia).
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Low-cost crop protection and rising prices of genetically modified (GM) crops, as well as a rising world population and increasing food requirements are driving the demand for seed treatment. The seed treatment market encompasses a variety of products being used by seed companies and growers for coating seed in order to safeguard seed and improve crops by controlling the population of seed-borne and soilborne pathogens.
Seed treatment offers several advantages:
• Seed safety: Seed companies can easily treat in a single day seed valued in excess of $1 million.
• Efficiency: Soilborne seedling disease control and soilborne insect control.
• Application technology: equipment, formulations, coating and seed treatment application centers.
This report is designed to cover aspects of technology, demand trends, opportunities and investment levels. It examines the worldwide commercial applications of the seed treatment market and the market penetration of chemical versus nonchemical seed treatment.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This market report organizes information from diverse sources into a cohesive unit that includes evolution of seed treatment, equipment, technologies, application and stages in commercial seed production. Conventional seeds, genetically modified (GM) seeds, and the seed treatment market are explored.
BCC analyzed key applications, crop types and regions to determine present and future seed treatment market status and forecasted growth from 2012 through 2018. In this report, we also discuss industry structure and market strategies, patent evaluation, and market driving forces.
This report will be of particular interest to seed treatment, chemical, pesticide, seed, and seed coating manufacturers, as well as traders, distributors, and suppliers of pesticide and seed. It will also be of high interest to professionals within governments and regulatory agencies and associations, as it will help them to understand the scope and pace of seed treatment as it continues to expand in the market.
A top-down approach was used to estimate the market sizes of global seed treatment and its types. The key players in the global seed treatment market were identified through secondary research, and their market revenues were determined through primary and secondary research. This included study of the annual reports of top market players and interviews with key opinion leaders such as CEOs, directors and marketing professionals. The size of the global seed treatment market was derived from the aggregation of the market shares of the major players. The forecast is based on an analysis of the market trends such as for crop production and consumption. The penetration of micro-markets was established through secondary sources and validated through primary sources.
The data for this report was gathered from primary and secondary sources. Sources include information obtained from industry analysts; manufacturers and company reports; industry trade journals; and industry associations. Additional information was obtained through the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), CropLife International, Agrow Australia Pty. Ltd. (Agrow), National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), Statistics Canada, Eurostat, Farm Chemicals International, SeedQuest, Economy Watch, International Monetary Fund (IMF), the U.S. Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service (USDA–ERS), International Biocontrol Manufacturers’ Association (IBMA), and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings.
Natraj Pandal is the BCC research analyst for this report. Pandal holds a Master of Business Administration degree in marketing and systems and a Bachelor of Science degree in science from the Osmania University in India. Mr. Pandal has more than seven years of experience in business research and market intelligence. He works for both consulting and syndicated projects in different domains such as chemicals, materials, food and beverage, automotive, aerospace, oil and gas, information technology (IT) and telecom, health care, and sporting goods.
This report provides:
• An overview of the global market for seed treatments, which provide a broad spectrum of protection from insects, diseases, and nematodes.
• Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
• Coverage of both chemical (insecticide, fungicide) and nonchemical (traditional, bio-control, inoculant) seed treatments as well as their applications.
• Examination of government regulations by region.
• Discussion of industry structure, major companies, market shares, and strategies, such as new product development, merger and acquisitions, and expansions.
• Evaluations of patents, both new and previously issued, by manufacturer and research institute.
• Comprehensive profiles of suppliers, pesticide manufacturers, and seed coating companies.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Global hybrid seeds market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.10%” The global hybrid seeds market is projected to reach a value of USD 57.19 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 9.10% from 2016. The ...
“Seeds market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2017 to 2022” The seeds market is projected to reach USD 113.28 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2017. The market is driven by factors such ...
“Global forage seeds market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.81%.” The global forage seeds market is projected to reach a value of USD 17.37 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 9.81% from 2016 to ...