Table of Contents
New Communication Standards Bolster the Market
This research service provides the key findings regarding the North American general purpose test equipment market. The market is divided into the following 9 product segments: oscilloscopes, signal generators and arbitrary waveform generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, digital multimeters, power meters, electronic counters, and logic analyzers. This study features revenue forecasts from 2009 to 2019 and analyzes each segment from a pricing, end user, and geographical perspective. The North American research is further segmented into Northern US, Southern US, Western US, Northeastern US, and Rest of US and Canada. The study also provides a list of market drivers and restraints.
• The North American general purpose test equipment market registered revenue of $X million in 2012. The market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% from 2012 to 2019.
• With the adoption of 4G technologies, the communication end-user segment will drive the deployment of new equipment.
• The aerospace and defense (A&D) industry is another major end-user segment in North America. Currently, it is witnessing slow growth due to reduced government funding; however, it is expected to show growth in the long term of the forecast period.
• Devices are rapidly evolving into general purpose communication terminals where voice, video, and data services are blending to provide a form of integrated communication seemingly unimaginable just a few short years ago. Networks are also evolving to meet the extreme demand for data that these devices enable.
• Consumer electronics, followed by automotive and industrial electronics applications, will also drive the North American market during the forecast period.
• Oscilloscopes accounted for X% of the total market.
• The adoption of WCDMA and WiMax, and evolving communication standards for Machine to Machine (M2M) will drive growth for network analyzers.
• It has become imperative that network analyzer providers offer equipment that could be integrated with portable PC requirements.
• The market for logic analyzers will diminish due to availability of alternative options at lower prices.
• The growth of the communications industry has been a major factor in the increase in demand for signal generators and arbitrary waveform generators. The penetration of wireless handsets has increased rapidly in North America. End users are increasingly willing to communicate over WiFi, CDMA, or long-term evolution (LTE) and are looking for software packages around hardware that can accommodate.
• New applications in the consumer and industrial electronics manufacturing field are expected to fuel the demand of network analyzers.
• The value chain uses direct and indirect distribution channels. High-end test equipment is mostly sold direct to end users, while the more commoditized products reach them through indirect distribution channels.
• The market in North America will witness increased demand for modular instrumentation, which will be guided by software-defined measurements. For complex measurement requirements, benchtop instruments will remain essential throughout the forecast period.
• The southern region of North America will hold the dominant role in terms of market opportunities and is currently growing at a CAGR of X%.
1. The emergence of shale gas as an energy resource will enable manufacturing units to be set up in this region.
2. The market is demanding product innovation for increased functionality and for lower test costs.
3. Adoption of LTE is a major driver and will generate demand for test equipment while shifting from 2G to 3G and 4G.
4. Heavily-regulated, end-user segments including A&D and medical, coupled with continuous demand from consumer electronics and industrial electronics, will propel growth for test equipment in this region.
5. North America, being the research and development center of the world, will have increased demand for high-frequency test equipment.
• The North American general purpose test equipment market is divided into the following Xproduct segments:
oSignal generators and arbitrary waveform generators
• The form factors considered in the scope of this research are:
oPortable or handheld
oModular Instruments include instrumentation based on open standards VXI and PXI
• The revenue forecast includes revenue from all product types listed in all form factors including traditional box instrumentation and modular instrumentation that is based on the VXI and PXI standards.
• The range of equipment covered in this study includes high-end test equipment used in R&D as well as less advanced solutions for manufacturing applications and portable or handheld solutions for field applications. It covers products across all form factors—bench-top, handheld or portable, and modular instruments.
• The North American region is segmented into the following geographic regions:
oNortheastern US includes New England—Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and New Jersey.
oSouthern US includes District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
oWestern US includes Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, and Hawaii.
oRest of US and Canada includes the Midwest area of North America: Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, and Canada.
• The end-user segments considered in the study are:
oOthers—including government, medical equipment, educational institutions, and professional repair and maintenance services.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
How is the revenue split across various countries or regions in North America? How does the revenue split look like across different vertical markets?
How does the competitive landscape look like for different product segments covered in the study?
How are the equipment manufacturers distributing their products?
Are the vendors in the space ready to carry forward the business alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
The expansion of the global AC motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.7%. Currently, AC motors ...
The expansion of the global AC generator industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 0.7%. Currently, AC generators ...
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...