Table of Contents
Stable Growth is Anticipated in the email and Web Security Segments
The Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management (SCM) market continued to perform well during 2012, posting a healthy YoY growth of 13.7 percent, despite economic uncertainties posting negative impact on regional enterprises. The spending sentiment on email and Web security technologies remained high across enterprises, and it is set to continue in the future. The stable growth was mainly driven by greater understanding among businesses of the criticality of content security solutions to business communications and its value in preventing increasingly sophisticated threats and attacks.
• The Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management (SCM) market continued to perform well during 2012, posting a healthy Year-over-Year (YoY) growth of X% despite economic uncertainties casting a negative impact on regional enterprises. The spending sentiment on email and Web security technologies remained high across enterprises, and it is set to continue in the future. Stable growth was mainly driven by greater understanding of the criticality of content security solutions to business communications and their value in preventing increasingly sophisticated threats and attacks.
• The market continued to be fuelled by the contributions of big markets, such as Japan, ANZ and Greater China. While Japan and ANZ witnessed a slowdown in terms of growth rates due to various market challenges, Greater China experienced a strong growth of X% in 2012. The year saw stable economic conditions in these regions, which increased business confidence and led to increased spending on Web and email security solutions.
• Greater demand for secure content management solutions was also observed across enterprises in India and the ASEAN region, thanks to growing market potential and, more importantly, the relatively high prevalence of greenfield opportunities. The Asia-Pacific security content management (SCM) market is expected to be mainly driven by business growth and performance in these regions.
• Across technology segments, the SCM market was still led by the adoption of email security solutions, as email has increasingly become an important communication tool for enterprises in their day-to-day operations. Therefore, ensuring the security of email gateways has become one of the highest priorities for most enterprises.
• On the Web security front, with more enterprises looking to leverage on the potential offered by the Web, there was a growing need for them to strike a fine balance between restricting and enabling Web access for their employees. Enterprises were particularly interested in increasing visibility, managing employee Web behavior better, and obtaining greater control over Web content, especially micro-applications which are a common feature of Web sites.
• Security issues faced by email and Web security gateways are expected to be exacerbated by the rising prevalence of enterprise mobility and the growing adoption of bring your own devices or bring your own applications (BYOD or BYOA) trends. In this way, enterprises are likely to experience increased threat exposure brought about by mobile devices, many of which may become attack vectors or pose greater risk issues due to intentional or unintentional human errors.
• The lack of recent market buzz and innovation in email and Web security technologies has caused the segments to be overshadowed by other security technologies in some instances. As such, the onus is on content security vendors to introduce more capabilities into the solutions and create greater value for their customers, especially in terms of how future content security technologies are going to impact the business perspectives of an organization beyond simply catering to the IT perspective.
1. An increasing number of competitors offering cloud-based security services as an alternative to software and hardware solutions would dampen the growth prospect for SCM product markets.
2. A proliferation of new mobile technologies, along with the big trend of enterprise mobility or BYOD, would boost the technology demand for current content security solutions.
3. Web security gateway solutions have evolved to be more behavior- or user-centric, in addition to providing threat intelligence.
Refers to technology developed to filter or screen emails for spam, malware, or other objectionable content. The principal function of email filtering is to eliminate sending and receiving unsolicited emails (spam) or security threats that are often embedded in emails. Email filtering can be deployed as a stand-alone gateway solution, as part of security appliances, or together with the email servers (Groupware) within the network.
URL Filtering refers to technology (based on URL) developed to screen and block Web sites or sections off Web sites that are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or undesirable and those that may contain embedded security threats. URL filtering is mainly deployed at the gateway level.
Recreational Application Controllers
Recreational Application Controllers refers to technology developed to filter and block any recreational application, be it peer-to-peer (P2P), wikis, or instant message applications or words and phrases defined by administers. Recreational application controllers can be for either intranet (designed to be used within the corporate network) or the Internet.
Others refers to technologies other than the above-mentioned ones, for instance, auditing, recording, proxy identification, Web content rating, etc.
Market Overview—Geographical Coverage
• Hong Kong
• New Zealand
• The Philippines
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the SCM market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Will SCM solutions continue to exist, or will they get replaced by other solutions?
How will the structure of the market change with time?
Will the products and services become features in other markets?
Are the vendors in the market ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
About E-mail Encryption E-mails are one of the most important modes of communication among the employees of any organization. E-mail encryption solution is a basic necessity in an organization to avoid ...
Individualizing the Customer Experience According to outside sources, in 2015, mobile e-commerce in the United States is predicted to account for about 30% of all electronic commerce sales in the region, ...
Analysis of Key Sectors of BIMSTEC Countries with production, consumption, imports and exports, BIMSTEC Countries major sectors, investment in BIMSTEC countries, BIMSTEC Countries investment outlook Description ...