Table of Contents
Significant Opportunities will Arise in the Residential and the Commercial Sectors by 2014
The market is largely driven by the construction boom and increasing penetration of Green buildings which has also hugely contributed to the growth of this market. The key challenges being faced by market participants are high initial cost, lack of awareness, lack of qualified manpower for installation and other competing energy saving technologies (LED's). This study discusses the market scenario and market dynamics that are influencing the revenue. There is a detailed note of market forecast and market breakdown as well. The study also discusses the competitive landscape and market shares of prominent companies.
Executive Summary—Key Success Factors
• Increasing penetration of green buildings.
• Increasing foreign direct investment (FDI) in India, especially in retail, education, hospital and hotel segments.
• Strong presence of lighting controls systems in both residential and commercial sectors, and growing demand from hotel segment.
• Offering seamless integration of lighting with other home and building automation systems such as audio-video, blinds control, air-conditioning, fire and safety, security systems and so on will pave opportunities in both residential and commercial sectors.
• Availability of low-cost products will add value to mass market in residential sectors.
• Having a qualified in-house manpower will ensure effective system integration.
• Developing radio frequency (RF) products in sensors and switches will not only reduce the cost of wireless products but will also provide better solution to the end users.
• Establishing smooth and cordial relationship with the authorities and other entities of the supply chain will provide a better understanding of the market.
• Ability to provide system design in the initial stages of construction.
• On-time delivery and hand-over of projects to customers.
• Past experience and reputation are key selection criteria. Therefore, companies with experience will be preferred and will have a better chance to win contracts.
Executive Summary—Key Market Dynamics
1. The market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% between 2012 and 2017 to reach INR X million by 2017.
2. Between 2010 and 2012 the market grew at a rate of X%. However, in 2011, the market declined due to unexpected economic slowdown. The market is not expected to revive before 2014 as the economy again stumbled in 2012 and 2013.
3. Standalone system experiences the maximum number of installations, whereas centralized system is evolving and has low-level penetration. Integrated system is witnessing increase in installation owing to higher awareness level.
4. The US based rating system Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and the Indian rating system for green buildings—Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA), encourage the use of motion and photo sensors. The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in India is the lead agency for specifying the user of motion detectors through the Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC).
5. Automatic lighting control systems (both centralized and integrated) offer higher efficiency than standalone lighting control systems due to better sensitivity and control features. However, the installation of automatic lighting control system is low due to high cost, lack of qualified manpower, and limited application scope (offices, residential, and hotels). However, the market for automatic lighting controls is emerging and is expected to experience higher uptake by 2017.
1. Decreasing product cost due to stagnation in technological advancement, especially in sensors; and growing awareness on the benefits of automatic control systems will create huge demand for lighting controls in India.
2. Increasing need for both energy management and aesthetic enhancement will drive the lighting control system market in future.
3. Demand for comfort and aesthetics applications is likely to be generated from commercial and residential sectors. The demand from the office segment is likely to be determined by the country's economic condition.
4. Clear perspective of the market, wide product range, large distribution network and presence of skilled technicians for installation and solution support will help participants gain competitive edge.
5. Local manufacturing will gain strong foothold in the market as customers prefer services that involve low lead time and low cost. Market participants are losing ground to low-cost sensors, detectors and controllers from China and Israel.
Market Overview—Research Aim and Objective
The aim of this study is to analyze the lighting control systems market in India and to assess the product components, system components, system functions, demand by project types, geographies, and end-user segments. The study will also highlight key market trends and competitive milieu.
• Provide an overview of the lighting control systems market in India.
• Present an insight regarding the key market trends, drivers and industry challenges.
• Analyze the competitive landscape of lighting control systems market.
• Provide a comparative analysis of the growth of lighting control systems market in 2010 and 2012.
• Estimate the market size and forecasts ( till 2017) based on inputs from primaries.
• Provide insight into the component types, distribution strategy, technology trends, product origin, mergers and acquisition and so on.
• Offer actionable information on how the mega trends will impact the growth of the market in future.
• Propose strategic conclusions and recommendations.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Do lighting control systems hold potential in the Indian market?
Will the need to be energy efficient play a key role in the growth of the lighting control systems market in India?
Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
Will the Indian lighting control systems market be able to deliver products that suit the needs of the customers both in terms of price and technology?
How will the competitive structure change over time? Are the market participants looking for acquisition?
How will the supply chain evolve in future and who are the key stakeholders?
What are the emerging technologies in the lighting control systems market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Home Automation System market likely to exhibit significant growth potential between 2017 and 2022” The home automation system market is expected to be valued at USD 79.57 billion by 2022, growing ...
Trends, opportunities and forecast in this market to 2022 by products (smart bulbs, fixtures, control systems), by light source (light emitting diode, fluorescent lamps, high-intensity discharge lamps, ...
About Home Energy Management Systems HEMS are devices that are installed in residential buildings to enable the provision of feedback on electricity consumption patterns and power consumption data fo ...
Internet Of Thi...
Internet Of Thi...
Internet Of Thi...