Table of Contents
Rise in manufacturing defects due to miniaturization will drive demand for SMT inspection equipment
This research service offers an insight into the Southeast Asia SMT Inspection Equipment Market. The market has been segmented by technology and geography. The technology covered includes automated optical inspection, X-ray inspection and solder paste inspection. The geographic scope includes Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and The Philippinnes. The study provides an analysis of the current state of the market and discusses factors driving/restraining growth. The base year for the study is 2012, with forecasts running upto 2017. The research service covers revenue forecast, distribution channel trends and competitive landscape.
• The surface mount technology (SMT) inspection equipment market in Southeast Asia (SE Asia) generated revenue of $X million in 2012. The total SMT inspection unit shipment was estimated at X in 2012.
• The need for faster inspection of miniature components, coupled with that of reducing rework costs, are the key growth drivers for the market.
• The long life of existing systems is swaying manufacturers’ decision with regard to investing in new inspection equipment, thereby restraining market growth.
• The market revenue is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% from 2012 to 2017.
• Among the end-user verticals, telecom contributed X% of the revenue in 2012.
• Revenue from the X-ray inspection equipment segment was the highest among all the technology segments. This segment contributed X% of the overall revenue in 2012.
• In Southeast Asia, Singapore generated the lowest revenue, contributing onlyX% of the overall market revenue in 2012. This is due to the low level of electronic manufacturing in the country.
1. The increase in high-volume manufacturing is creating the demand for inline automated optical inspection (AOI) equipment with faster inspection speeds. The newer inline AOI equipment being introduced offers a X% faster inspection speed as compared to the earlier versions.
2. There is a demand for X-ray inspection equipment owing to the rise in hidden solder defects in manufacturing. However, high adoption in manufacturing lines has been restricted, as inspection speeds still don’t match production line requirements.
3. Low prices for AOI equipment being offered by Chinese brands such as Jutze have forced other manufacturers to drastically drop prices.
• The study provides an insight into the SMT inspection equipment market in Southeast Asia.
• All revenues are in US dollars.
• The SMT inspection equipment market has been segmented into:
oAOI equipment, including 2-D and 3-D inspection equipment
oX-ray inspection equipment, including manual, semi-automatic, and automatic X-ray inspection (AXI) equipment
oSolder paste inspection (SPI) equipment, including 2-D and 3-D inspection equipment
• The geographic scope covered includes:
Study Period: Base Year
Forecast Period: 2009'2017
• X-Ray Inspection
• The Philippines
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing? What is the rate of growth of the overall market?
What are the main factors driving/restraining market growth?
What are the main market trends being witnessed in each segment?
Is the market for each technology segment fragmented or consolidated? What is the market share estimate of the top three participants in each technology segment?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Hybrid Environment Drives Sustainable Growth The Asia-Pacific hosted IP telephony and Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) services market entered into a fast-moving stage for the first time ...
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...