Table of Contents
Systems to Bring a Second Youth to Helicopters
This global research service on helicopter systems is broken down into three end-user segments which are military, parapublic, and commercial end users. It provides analyses of helicopter avionics, mission systems, vehicle systems, and weapon systems at the regional level for Africa, Asia-Pacific, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and North America and at end-user segments though platform new procurements and existing platform upgrades. Overall, this study covers 136 countries and the forecast period is 2013 to 2022, with 2012 as base year. From a competitive perspective, leading systems OEMs are assessed through their primary programs and performance.
• Increasingly cost-conscious customers are driving the helicopter systems market as they find that systems’ critical assets enable them to overcome budget constraints and optimisation plans through the following:
oBridging the gap among stretched fleets, which comprise ageing platforms and delayed new procurements, especially across mission and weapon systems.
oEnhancing platform performance and reliability to increase mission efficiency rates due to recent innovations in terms of vehicle systems available across each end-user segment.
oReducing maintenance costs and providing better visibility at the platform/fleet availability level, with more intelligent and sensor-based vehicle systems.
• Consequently, the global helicopter systems market is expected to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% and to present a total cumulative market size of $X billion between 2012 and 2022.
• Another driver stimulating helicopter systems’ market growth is the global fleet renewal cycle, which is particularly significant across the military segment.
• Regarding the global helicopter platform market, the total market for new procurements is estimated at $X billion for 2012 to 2022 and the total helicopter systems is expected to account for X% of this.
• Therefore, most accessible opportunities will be across new platform procurements, with a total market size accounting for X% due to on-going procurements in Asia-Pacific and Central Asia.
• Opportunities across platform mid-life upgrades are estimated to account for X% of the total market size, with strong market potential in North America, Europe, and Latin America.
• The military segment will continue to comprise most of systems’ addressable opportunities, with a total forecast market size reaching $X billion, whereas parapublic end users will be looking to increase their mission systems capabilities, with total cumulated revenues reaching $X billion.
• Considering the commercial helicopter systems market, market opportunities will steadily rise at a CAGR ofX% from 2012 to 2022.
• Finally, avionics will represent the largest portion of addressable opportunities, but will be closely followed by weapon systems, which have only been accounted for in military helicopters. Interest for mission and vehicle systems is expected to be stronger from the medium term onward and both market segments will rise at CAGRs of X% and X%, respectively.
1. Situational awareness is the cornerstone of helicopter systems, significantly driving end users’ choices and is used as a key decision factor, not only when integrating avionics, but also for mission and weapon systems.
2. End users perceive systems as a game-changer, enabling them to increase platform performance endurance and payload, hence broadening mission ranges and financial efficiency.
3. Flight safety improvements through systems is key, notably with recent enhanced visual systems and new navigation displays.
4. End users and institutions remain cautious on the actual benefits provided by the above avionics as there is no significant evidence of reduced accident rates.
5. Lessons from the Kosovo, Iraqi, Afghan, and Libyan wars, plus growing homeland security challenges are sustaining market demand for defensive protection suites and electronic warfare capabilities.
Military: Air, Land, and Naval Forces
Attack: Combat Standard and Combat Complex
Utility: Transport & Utility, Training
Special Missions: Special Operations, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, C-SAR Navy Standard and Navy Complex
Helicopter Systems Types:
Parapublic: Government and First Responders
First Response: Police and Law Enforcement - EMS - All-Weather SAR - Fire Fighting
Government Utility: Utility and Support
Helicopter Systems Types:
Commercial: Industry Resources, Corporate and Commercial Operators
Air Taxi and VIP
Oil & Gas
EMS and Air Ambulance Commercial Utility
Helicopter Systems Types:
Market Overview—Geographic Scope
Market Overview—Market Size
Please note that the market size is a representation of the revenue opportunities available to the industry across helicopter systems, sales, and integration, but not maintenance. The market size for helicopter systems will be provided for each of these following segments, at the global and segment levels:
• By regions
• By end users
• By platform missions
• By systems types
Please note this study will not include the following in the market size
• Single piston helicopters
• Second-hand platforms sales opportunities
• Private defence companies and private armies helicopter fleets
• Helicopters used for agriculture and pesticide purposes
• Missiles and ammunitions
• Engines are not considered as systems
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the systems market for military helicopters growing and at what rate?
What is the best market potential for mission systems across the parapublic helicopter market?
What are the main programs for helicopter systems by regions?
Will platform upgrades and modernisation drive new opportunities for adopting new systems for commercial helicopters ?
What the key priorities and preferences of end users?
Which trends will shape the future of situational awareness?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Summary Rapidly changing global security scenario and the growing importance of unconventional missions and urban warfare have resulted in change of roles for helicopters in the modern warfare strategies. ...
Global Offshore Helicopters market is expected to reach USD 5.98 billion by 2020, from USD 5.03 billion in 2015, at a robust CAGR of 3.53 % for the forecast period 2015 – 2020, in terms of light, medium, ...
The North American Offshore Helicopters market is estimated to increase from $XX billion in 2014 to $XX billion in 2020 with a CAGR of XX percent. Helicopters form an essential part of off-shore operations. ...