Table of Contents
High Demand for Advanced Wastewater Treatment Drives Development of the Global Market
This research service offers a 360-degree perspective of the water and wastewater treatment equipment market in the global textile and leather industry. An analysis of global and industry-specific factors impacting this market is given. Key treatment technologies, with a focus on sustainable solutions, are highlighted. Revenue size and growth rates are shown for 3 different scenarios. The competitive structure and strategic recommendations are also given. Segments break down into water and wastewater treatment equipment as well as into design and engineering and operation and maintenance services. Regions include the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia-Pacific. The base year is 2012; the forecast period is 2013 to 2020.
- The water and wastewater treatment market in the textile and leather industry is expected to continue to develop, driven mainly by growing production capacities and progressive environmental regulations.
- Asia-Pacific is the key market hotspot that is creating the greatest investment opportunities for all water-related investments.
- The wastewater treatment sector has created the largest investment opportunities due to strict discharge levels and proper wastewater and sludge management requirements.
- Green production and reducing the overall water footprint are becoming crucial competitive factors for global textile and leather manufacturers.
- An increasing trend toward use of advanced treatment technologies reflects a desire to guarantee reliability of production and to reduce operational costs.
Market Coverage - Global Textile and Leather Industry
- Processing of raw materials for preparation and production of various textile fabrics from the following:
oNatural fibres, such as cotton, wool, silk, flax, and jute
oMan-made fibres (MMFs), such as cellulosic fibres, synthetic fibres, and fibres from inorganic materials
- Producing knitted and woven fabrics
- Employing finishing operations, including dyeing, printing, and bleaching, to obtain the proper visual and physical properties
- Processing of raw hide, including in the following operations:
oBeamhouse operations (pre-tanning operations)
oTanning operations (tanyard operations)
oWet-finishing operations (post-tanning operations)
Market Segmentation - Water and Wastewater Treatment in Textile and Leather Industry
Water Treatment Equipment
- Membrane filtration
- Mechanical filtration
Wastewater Treatment Equipment
- Primary treatment
- Secondary treatment
- Tertiary and advanced treatment
- Sludge treatment
Design and Engineering Services
Concept design, customised equipment design, full systems integration, systems simulation tests and modelling, equipment sizing and selection, process design and development, pilot studies, process systems analysis, vendor pre-qualification, process optimisation
Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Services
Operation of treatment systems, field service support and management, construction management, design systems simulation testing and modelling, project management, end-user facility management, industry-related customer service, training
This analysis covers the entire global market, with assessments of the following 4 regions: Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
Market Development Forces
Development of the Water and Wastewater Treatment Market in the Textile and Leather Industry
High water footprint
Fragmented and unorganized end-user market
Increasing competition from countries with less strict environmental requirements
Progressive implementation of sustainable water practices
Progressing environmental awareness coupled with stricter legislation
Increasing consumption of textiles and leather
Rising costs of water and wastewater treatment
Climate change and increasing stress on global water resources
Generation of significant loads of pollutants
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The PTFE membrane market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% in terms of value during the forecast period” The PTFE membrane market was valued at USD 1.49 billion in 2015, and is projected to ...
“Increasing demand in water & wastewater treatment application is the prime factor for the growth of the membranes market” The global membranes market is projected to reach USD 11.95 billion by 2021, ...
Service Solutions Set for Growth Under Liquid Phase Segment Muted growth, with select opportunities, is expected for the North American municipal wastewater odor control market through 2021. Growing populations ...