Table of Contents
Two Strong Segments Form an Intertwined Market Opportunity
This strategic analysis is part of Frost & Sullivan’s continued coverage of the enterprise communications marketplace. In this study, Frost & Sullivan identifies industry challenges, market drivers, and market restraints. Further, it provides an in-depth perspective on competitive issues, revenue, market shares, and key market trends in the mature enterprise media gateway and the nascent enterprise session border controller markets. This research service provides unified communications infrastructure vendors with market information and strategic insight to assist them in developing sustainable business strategies.
Executive Summary—Key Findings
•The delineation between the enterprise media gateway and session border controller (SBC) market is becoming increasingly blurred as multi-service devices offering both media conversion and SBC functionality become a mainstay of competitors’ enterprise product lines.
•Enterprise media gateways will continue to exist as an essential component of enterprise unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) deployments for the foreseeable future. Gateways help to bridge disparate platforms and interfaces in order to overcome some of the interoperability challenges in multi-vendor and multi-protocol UC&C environments.
•The enterprise session border controller (E-SBC) segment continues to make great strides, yet rapid growth is stymied by a lack of mindshare among small and mid-sized customers.
•The continuing transition to voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) access and session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking services is currently the single largest driving factor in both the media gateway and E-SBC markets.
•These services can offer significant cost savings to enterprises with both time division multiplexing (TDM) and IP telephony systems, with media gateways serving as the conduit between SIP and legacy communications protocols and E-SBCs providing security and interoperability for native IP platforms.
•While the popularity of mobile devices and the developing WebRTC standards are giving E-SBCs new roles in enterprise UC infrastructure, vendors continue to struggle to make the importance of protecting their infrastructure resonate with businesses.
1. The enterprise media gateway and E-SBC markets are increasingly interlinked as multi-service devices blur competitive and product lines.
2. The traditional media gateway market is facing commodity pricing and ultimate obsolescence.
3. The E-SBC market is finding additional roles on the enterprise edge, including mobile device and WebRTC support.
4. Both segments of the market are heavily driven by the adoption of VoIP access and SIP trunking services.
5. Customer awareness is an ongoing challenge to long-term growth. Making the case for MGs/SBCs will be crucial.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Why are the enterprise media gateway and enterprise SBC markets growing, how long will they continue to grow and at what rate?
• Are enterprise media gateways and session border controllers opposing or interlinked markets?
• Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they get acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
• How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
• Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is there additional development needed?
• Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
About Payment Gateways Payment gateways enable transactions in offline, real-time, and hybrid (a combination of offline and real-time modes) modes. They accept different payment methods such as e-commerce ...
The telecom market is the second largest end-use equipment sector with anticipated connector sales of more than $11 billion in 2016, and $16 billion by 2021. What factors will contribute to this growth? ...
Global Small Cell Power Amplifier Market: Overview Small cell power amplifier is useful for enhancing signal strength in a given region. This device has been used in different spectrums so that 3G, 4G ...