Table of Contents
Collaborative Workspaces Drive Growth of Web Conferencing
This research study presents an analysis of the Web Conferencing Services Market in Europe. The study discusses key market trends, drivers, and restraints, and provides market sizing and forecasts for the European market. Regional breakdowns include UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Benelux, Nordics, and Rest of Europe. The study also provides market shares and profiles for the major web conferencing service providers in Europe.
• Web conferencing is transforming into an always-on collaborative workspace that will offer end-to-end meeting, collaboration, and multi-modal communications capabilities.
• Demand for hosted web conferencing is growing at a healthy pace. Web conferencing service revenue in Europe is projected to grow at a CAGR of X%, from € M in 2012, to € M in 2017.
• Mobility is a key trend in the industry. Vendors are leading with the “mobility first” message. Providing a consistent user experience on mobile devices is key to driving higher user adoption in the market.
• Integration with social platforms is becoming relevant as well, as social media becomes an increasingly important part of enterprise external and internal communications.
• Line of business applications continue to be key drivers of growth in the industry, most notably, Sales, HR and Training, and Events. These are important opportunities for providers to demonstrate the broader benefits of web conferencing across the enterprise.
• High quality video is becoming a standard component of web conferencing. Customers expect to leverage their investment in web conferencing to conduct high quality visual communications.
1. Web conferencing is evolving from a point meeting application to a collaborative workspace.
2. Mobility is a key trend. Vendors are focusing on providing consistent user experiences across all devices.
3. High quality video is gaining importance as visual communications for business becomes more prevalent.
4. Competitive pricing and superior functionality is shifting preferences from audio to web conferencing.
5. Ease of use and customer experience is key to driving adoption of services.
Geographic Coverage: Europe
Study Period: 2011–2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: Euros
Conversion Rate: €1 = $X
• This study covers the hosted web conferencing market for the EU X countries and Norway and Switzerland.
• All revenues are reported at the end-user level. Revenues of resold services are attributed to the partner service provider that resells the service and not the original provider.
• If revenues were provided in dollars they were then converted to euro at the 2012 12-month average of €1 = $X.
• Web conferencing allows people to hold real-time, synchronous meetings and conferences over the web. Typical features of a web conferencing service include:
oSlide presentation, desktop sharing, and application sharing
oWeb co-browsing and file transfer
oIntegrated PSTN and/or VoIP audio for web-based conference control
oPublic and private chat (text messaging)
oWhite boarding and annotation
oPolls and surveys
oRecording, archiving, and broadcasting
• Revenue from stand-alone audio conferencing services is not included. However, in meetings where the conferencing service provider seamlessly integrates audio with web conferencing, revenue from “integrated” audio-web conferences is included.
• Revenue from webcasting services is not included since webcasting represents a distinct market and application. Pure-play webcasting services are excluded from the coverage of this research. Revenue from webinar services offered by web conferencing vendors is included.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the key factors impacting the growth of web conferencing services in Europe?
How big is the European market for web conferencing services?
How will web meetings evolve over time to accommodate user needs?
What are the market sizes and growth forecasts for country/sub-region markets in Europe?
How are vendors positioned to meet the evolving needs of customers in this market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
About virtual events Virtual events are online exhibitions that include breakout sessions, video conferencing, web conferencing, collaboration tools, communication, and social networking. They are used ...
“Democratization of Conferencing Services” Across Multiple Ranks of Enterprises Remains Key to the Growth of Web Conferencing Services Over the last few years, it has been observed that the need fo ...
This IDC study provides a forecast for the EMEA conferencing services market. Included is a pivot table with a breakdown by geography (29 countries and subregions Western Europe, Central Eastern Europe, ...