Table of Contents
Water and Mining Industries will Fuel Competition Among Automation Vendors
This study provides information on the SCADA market across Australia and New Zealand. It discusses the major end users, the main participants who define the SCADA market and the trends influencing the industry (Drivers and Restraints). It also attempts to forecast the revenue by each end user until 2018 besides providing information on the latest developments and trends in the industry. It also identifies the different protocols companies are adhering to in order to achieve and sustain demand for their systems.
• The total revenue generated by the supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) market in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) grew byX% from 2011 and reached $X million in 2012. The revenue CAGR is expected to be X% between 2012 and 2018, with revenue reaching $Xmillion in 2018.
• Major end users are mining, power and water and waste water industries. Effective resource management is the call of the hour as water supply is inadequate in Australia.
• The rising number of industries focusing on clean energy have increased the demand for such systems. As energy needs are constantly on the rise, new industries in power sector, such as solar and hydroelectric, also promise strong prospect for SCADA systems.
• As with any industrialized nation, Australia places significant emphasis on automation. Major companies host numerous workshops and events in the SCADA and automation space, which is indicative of the immense potential in the country.
• Events are customized to attract investments and participation from international organizations. The importance of a robust SCADA systems is reinforced by the fact that leading corporations in the SCADA space, such as Schneider Electric, are offering certified programs in several countries, including Australia and New Zealand.
• New Zealand will also offer opportunities for the deployment of SCADA systems, wherein industries such as water and wastewater and food and beverage (meat and dairy) will be the major users.
1. Australia’s industrialization has been rapid, and with utility management gaining attention, there is always the need for better diagnostics to enable effective query handling, which in turn results in efficient management.
2. Of the two countries discussed in this study, Australia is the larger revenue contributor to the SCADA market. This trend is not expected to change during the forecast period.
3. Australia has more synergy than New Zealand or any other country in the Asia Pacific region. This will facilitate faster adoption of SCADA.
Market Overview—Scope of Study
• New Zealand
• Oil and Gas
• Water and Wastewater
• Others (includes food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, chemicals and petrochemicals, and textiles)
A SCADA system allows users to monitor and control various remote functions and processes by using communication links between master and remote locations. RTU is a stand-alone data acquisition and control unit. The remote station not only controls input and output of field devices, such as valves, metering equipment, and so on, but also monitors their conditions. Personal computers provide a graphical view of operations to the user and generate historical data as and when required. Programmable logic controllers (PLCs) control the output based on the input in the correct sequence. The major users of SCADA systems are the mining industry, large oil and gas refineries, power plants, and water and wastewater plants.
• Remote Telemetry Units (RTUs)
• Personal Computers (PCs)
• Communication Network
Key End Users:
• Mining: Includes extraction of minerals (coal, iron, gold, and so on) and related products.
• Power: Includes power-generating plants—wind, hydroelectric, nuclear, and coal-fired plants.
• Food and Beverage: Includes factories that transform livestock and agricultural products for immediate consumption.
• Water and Wastewater: Includes water recycling plants, processing/treatment plants, and so on.
• Others: Includes food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, chemicals and petrochemicals, and textiles.
The base year for the study is 2012 and the forecast period is from 2013 to 2018.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the drivers and restraints in the SCADA market in ANZ?
Who are the major end users of SCADA and will new users adopt this technology in future?
Who are the major participants and what growth will the industry register in the coming years?
What are new advancements that companies have developed to ensure SCADA security?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Smart factory market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2017 and 2022” The smart factory market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% between 2017 and 2022, to reach USD 205.42 ...
The Global Industrial Control Systems market is valued at USD XX.XX billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD XX.XX billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 8.7% during ...
The industrial Control for Process Automation Market is estimated to witness compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.03% from 2015 to 2020. To examine and control physical equipment in the industrial environments, ...
Oil And Gas