Table of Contents
Emerging Markets Experiment with the Latest in Healthcare Technology
Cloud technologies are rapidly invading all industries, and healthcare does not want to be left behind. Healthcare delivery and solutions are undergoing a transformation, thanks to cloud-based solutions that are emerging as the technology of choice for many healthcare providers. However, the significant cost and business process change associated with cloud adoption and the perceived data security risks obstruct market growth. This research explores current and future opportunities in the APAC Healthcare cloud market, with a focus on novel business models and services.
The 12 Step Market Engineering Research Methodology Process
1.Market Problem Definition
Initial feasibility (primary research), title evaluation, brainstorming sessions
2. Objectives and Goals Definitions
Hypotheses development, identify industry issues; definition of market metrics, segmentation, tools and sources
3. Research Team Designing
Research team formation—lead and support analyst, research director, account manager, market engineering consultants, industry advisers and customers, and research editors
4. Launch Data Collection Phase
Identify specific sources—F&S data, online databases; structure research deliverable, TOC, develop customer
database and competitor database
5. Selection of Interview Strategy and Design Survey
Questionnaire design, interview technique planning, define sample size
6. Test the Survey Design
Pilot interviews, correction of research design, standardisation of research process—usage of same terminology, measurements, interviewing style
7. Conduct Primary Research
Heart of the research process—cross-verification of data, bottom-up approach for sizing, measuring revenue growth rate (CAGR approach)
8. Research Analysis
Current market status—size, historic growth rate, segments, technology, pricing, competitive landscape, market position in life cycle
9. Market Forecasting
Key trends, revenue forecast, maturity measurements, market share movements; expert opinion consensus model
10. Develop Strategic Recommendation
F&S view of the market and generic strategic recommendations for participants
11. Confirm Results and Quality Control
Quality assessment by director, draft preparation, editing and production
12. Post Production Market Monitoring and Customer Feedback
Industry feedback and constant market monitoring by the team
• Cloud can be defined as a pool of compute, memory, and input-output resources, applications or operating environments with seemingly infinite scalability, delivered as a service over a network, be it private or public.
• Benefits of cloud to the healthcare industry include:
oProven significant reduction in costs as well as movement of a large capital expenditure to operating expenditure.
oImproved business scalability, agility, and resource management.
oImproved data sharing and communications.
• Adoption of cloud amongst healthcare providers varies considerably across Asia-Pacific (APAC) as well as amongst the public and private sector. While Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Hong Kong represent mature markets, most countries across the region are still in the growth phase.
• There continues to be significant confusion and apprehension around the precise products and services that cloud technologies incorporate. Unclear and evolving personal and health data protection laws also create doubts regarding the safety of healthcare data in the cloud.
• It is evident that cloud adoption in healthcare will grow faster than expected, which would lead to commoditization of healthcare information technology (healthcare IT) in the near future.
• Cloud architecture will be the key enabler of patient-centric information exchange.
Scope and Segmentation
Geographic Coverage: Asia-Pacific (APAC)
Study Period: 2012–2018
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2018
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
• The market for healthcare cloud includes all products and services used by healthcare providers, including hospitals, primary care centers, secondary care centers, tertiary care providers, and physicians.
• For the purpose of forecasting, we have analyzed hospital spending on cloud products and services across SaaS and IaaS. Spending by physicians as well as dollars spent on PaaS have not been included, as these are still very small markets and do not have a significant business impact.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate? What are the most important drivers and restraints? Who are the leading healthcare stakeholders in this market and what is their role in market development?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Who are the leading companies, products, services in this market? Will these companies, products, services continue to exist, or will other companies acquire them? Will the products, services become features in other markets?
How will the structure of the market change with time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
Are the vendors in the space ready to do it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their businesses to the next level?
Is the society and the healthcare consumer, in general, ready to adopt such a radically different technology? What measures can be taken to drive adoption?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
Global Healthcare Information Systems Market: Overview The purpose of health care information systems is to manage the information that health care professionals need to perform their job effectively and ...
The global e-prescribing market is projected to reach USD 1,403.2 million by 2021 at a CAGR of 20.8% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021. Factors such as the government initiatives and incentive ...