Table of Contents
Large Project-based UPS Market to Create Strong Demand for End-to-End Infrastructure Solutions
This research service covers the current state and future growth opportunities for the uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) market in the Asia-Pacific region. It provides an overview of the key market drivers and restraints, and their impact on revenue estimation during the forecast period. It provides a detailed analysis of the UPS market by power output rating, region, country, and end-user segment. Pricing trends are also discussed in the study.
Executive Summary—Key Findings
• The Asia-Pacific (APAC) uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) market experienced slow growth in 2012, a meager X percent. It is projected to grow at a modest CAGR of X percent during 2012–2018.
• This research features three regions of APAC—East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Australasia.
oEast Asia’s market size shrank in 2012, compared to 2011, with a negative growth of percent. Japan, the region’s major revenue contributor, bore the brunt of slow global economic growth, weakening its export-oriented economy.
oSoutheast Asia registered a significant growth rate of X percent in 2012 due to the robust demand in the larger economies Indonesia and Thailand.
oThe Australasia market grewX percent in 2012, more than East Asia, despite the fact that the penetration level of the major growth driver, cloud computing, was nearly the same in both regions.
• Increasing concerns over greenhouse-gas (GHG) emissions have shifted market focus from product performance to product efficiency, and the business opportunity lies in efficient solutions.
• Some of the key drivers expected to have a significant impact on the UPS market in the next X–X'years are mobile computing and data services, and cloud and virtualization/IT.
• Fuji Electric dominated the APAC UPS market in 2012, with a market share of X percent, the result of its strong presence in East Asia, which makes up more than X percent of the APAC UPS market.
1. Modular UPS systems are gradually gaining prominence due to their hot-swapping feature and their flexibility in terms of redundancy.
2. Most end users, especially those in the data center segment, prefer compact UPS systems with a small footprint, as space is a constraint in the segment.
3. Infrastructure management is likely to play a pivotal role in vendor selection and in ensuring customer loyalty, as end users seek effective power infrastructure solutions.
4. Reliable, energy-efficient, smart UPS systems are expected to gain importance, propelled by government norms on carbon emission.
5. The focus is shifting toward total cost of ownership (TCO) by offering increased efficiency as a major value proposition.
• A UPS system is a backup power system used to provide continuous power to a device, despite a disruption in alternating current (AC) input power. Such systems can provide uninterrupted power for a duration of five minutes to several hours.
• This research service covers revenue from static and rotary UPS systems. Further, it identifies supplier-side revenue for the sale of UPS systems by power range, end user, and geography range.
• A single unit consists of the UPS module with a battery charger/rectifier, installed batteries, or an energy storage unit, and the maintenance bypass switch. Batteries are typically included in the lower power ranges, but excluded in the above-X kVA range.
This research covers the following regions:
• Southeast Asia
• East Asia
• Study period: 2010–2018
• Base year: 2012
• Forecast period: 2013–2018
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the Asia-Pacific UPS market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
How will the market structure change with time?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
Are the vendors in the space ready to do it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Voltage Stabilizer System Market: Overview Voltage Stabilizer System is an electrical appliance that is used to feed voltage constantly to various electrical devices like computers, ACs, refrigerators ...
Demand from Data Centers Drives Growth in the European Union and the United States, while Ageing Infrastructure Drives Revenue in Other Regions The global UPS market is witnessing growth due to datacente ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...