Table of Contents
Need for Secured Network and Growth in Gigabit Ethernet Speeds Boost Market Growth
This research service provides the key findings of the global network monitoring switches market. The global network monitoring switches market covered in this study consists of basic/matrix switches and intelligent switches. In addition, the study also segments the study into fixed and modular/chassis types. This study features revenue forecasts from 2013 to 2020 and provides pricing, end-user, and geographic forecasts. The study also provides a list of market drivers and restraints and their impact on the market. A competitive analysis is a part of this study to highlight the key participants in this market along with detailed market share analysis.
• In 2013, the global network monitoring switches market generated $Xmillion in revenue.
• The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global market is estimated at X% from 2013 to 2020.
• With big data and cloud services gaining importance, companies need to have both technical and applied skills to monitor and scrutinize large samples of data. Network monitoring switches assist them in scrutinizing the network data and in-turn analyze them.
• The significant driver in the market today is to build intelligent switches and be able to cater to higher bandwidth speeds going forward. One key trend in the market is to build new architecture to hold several chassis for large number of ports.
• Vendors in the market are challenged to educate end users on the full features and functionalities of monitoring switches. Another key challenge is to be able to monitor Xgig speeds in the near future where there is no commercially available solution today.
• The key market participants include Gigamon, Ixia, VSS Monitoring, NetScout Systems, Inc., Net Optics, Inc., APCON, Inc., Network Critical Solutions Limited, Arista Networks, Inc., cPacket Networks, and Brocade among others.
• North America holds the largest market share in the global network monitoring switches market with X% in 2013, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and emerging countries with X%, X%, and X% respectively.
• The enterprise end-user segment is expected to witness high growth rates due to infrastructure developments in various regions of the world especially Asia-Pacific and Latin American countries.
1. Capturing the right data for analysis is critical and intelligent switches are able to perform this function.
2. Consolidation provides opportunity for vendors to expand product portfolio and gain market share.
3. With increase in bandwidth speeds, vendors are working on building new architecture that can hold several chassis for higher gigabit Ethernet rates.
4. Enterprises are expected to bolster the growth of market with an increase in infrastructure investment.
5. There is a requirement to build intelligent switches and be able to cater to higher bandwidth speeds going forward.
• Network monitoring switches are network devices that direct traffic between two switches or between two routers. They are also referred to as network packet brokers.
• They are classified into two categories—basic/matrix switches and intelligent switches. Basic switches provide the connection between the two interfaces while intelligent switches, in addition to providing the basic connection; also offer filtering, traffic shaping and other intelligent tasks that can be performed.
• These intelligent switches provide the complete visibility into both physical and virtual networks. They are used for securing the network and optimizing monitoring tool performance.
oThe traffic can be manipulated for more efficient use of network security and performance tools, both inline and passive. In addition, these switches deliver intelligent traffic conditioning features on every port with sustained line rate performance, and ultra-low latency.
• The network monitoring switches market is also segmented into fixed and chassis from a product standpoint. While the traditional switches are considered fixed; modular products are termed as chassis products.
The market is further analyzed from a geographic perspective in the following regions: North America: Canada and the United States Europe: Western, Central, Eastern Europe, and Russia Asia-Pacific: Countries that are on the western border of the Pacific Ocean (including those on the Indo-Chinese peninsula), the Pacific Islands, and Central Asia Emerging Markets: Central and South America, the Caribbean islands, the Middle East, and Africa The various end-user segments analyzed in this study include:
• Service Providers (SP)
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
Who are the major participants in this market and what is their market share?
Are the products offered today meeting customer needs, or is there additional development required?
Which of the end-users groups represent most of the growth opportunities for the wireless test market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Industrial Ethernet market expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.8%” According to the new market research report on industrial Ethernet, this market is expected to be valued at USD 59.20 billion by 2022, ...
The Optical Switches market is valued at USD XX.XX billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD XX.XX billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 15.59% during the forecast period ...
This IDC study not only defines and explains the importance of brilliant-box switching but also assists you in identifying the technology's key stakeholders in your organization and in establishing a plan ...