Table of Contents
WCDMA/HSPA Will Dominate the Market and Fuel Growth
This research service provides an in-depth analysis of the European semiconductors market in next generation mobile computing. The study analyzes the mobile device and mobile infrastructure segments. The market will be driven by a saturated device segment and a relatively mature infrastructure segment. The region covers all of Western Europe including countries such as Germany, the United Kingdom (UK), Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Greece, and France. Discussions cover various drivers, restraints, and challenges that affect the European market, identified by Frost & Sullivan through its elaborate market research methodology. Also, included is a revenue forecast analysis from 2009 to 2019 for the European region.
• The European semiconductors market in next generation mobile computing will be driven by a saturated device segment and a relatively mature infrastructure segment.
• The region covers all of Western Europe including countries such as Germany, the United Kingdom (UK), Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Greece, and France.
• The European consumer electronics market, especially the smartphone segment, has been experiencing a dull period as consumers become increasingly cost conscious and prefer low-cost smart or feature phones over fancy, high priced devices.
• Growing smartphone and tablet applications sales are expected to boost the market and keep the growth rate steady.
1. Explosive growth of feature and smartphones will drive semiconductors worldwide through the forecast period.
2. Device penetration has saturated developed geographies such as North America and Europe, which results in slow growth.
3. APAC and ROW are the hotspots for semiconductor growth in the mobile computing segment.
4. WCDMA/HSPA and LTE will dominate the global mobile subscriptions by 2018.
5. LTE technology will form the basis for future 4G postpaid subscriptions; however, WiMAX still stands a fair chance with 4G prepaid subscriptions.
For the scope of this study, semiconductors in next generation mobile computing are tracked by the following segments:
• Mobile device segment
oMobile feature phones and smartphones
• Mobile infrastructure segment
oGlobal system for mobile communication/enhanced data rate for global evolution (GSM/EDGE)
oCode division multiple access (CDMA)
oTime division-synchronous code division multiple access (TD-SCDMA)
oWideband code division multiple access/high speed packet access (WCDMA/HSPA)
oLong term evolution (LTE) The semiconductors tracked in each of the above segments include the following sub-segments:
• Digital signal processors (DSP)
• Mobile radio frequency (RF): components such as switches, power amplifiers, transceivers, and filters
• Wireless semiconductors: including Wi-Fi, WiMAX, WiGiG
• Flash memory
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What is the current market scenario? Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
In what stage is this market? Will these products continue to be in demand, or will they be replaced by other lower-end products?
How will the structure of the market change over time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development necessary?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast of more than 175 mobile and fixed KPIs for the Middle East and North Africa, as a whole and for 12 key countries, which was previously published ...
"Demand for mobile content services and operators' bundled offers are driving smartphone take-up and will push the smartphone share of handsets up to 39.8% in 2021." The convenience of mobile Internet ...