Table of Contents
Opportunity for New Installation Spurs Market Growth
This research service presents an analysis of the endoscopy devices in focusing on Australia, South Korea and Southeast Asian market. The elderly population in Asia-Pacific is increasing at a rapid rate. The growing aging society translates to increase in lifestyle disease leading to chronic diseases and age-related surgeries. With innovations in healthcare, there has been a significant transition from traditional open surgeries to minimally invasive surgeries using endoscopes. Market participants and Key opinion leaders in Asia-Pacific hospitals were interviewed to obtain their perceptions. The forecast period is 2013 to 2017, with 2012 as the base year.
• The majority of the quantitative and qualitative information contained in this research service was acquired through primary research conducted with manufacturers, distributors and key opinion leaders for endoscopy market. Most interviews were conducted with product managers and marketing managers.
• The analysis contained in this research service is based on the following:
oInformation collected through discussions with market participants and from secondary sources—government, industry associations, companies, other web sites, and credible sources
oPublic announcements and Plans by OEMs, suppliers, new entrants, and others
oFrost & Sullivan’s published research and market and technology expertise
• Forecasts are based on data and analysis based on the market dynamics. When specific market sizes were unavailable, estimates were extrapolated using a combination of secondary and primary research.
• Industry-specific information obtained include:
oRevenue breakdowns by technology segments and regions in specific to the market
oCompany revenues, market share estimates, and projected growth rates
oMarket information, including customers, regional, and technology trends
oMarket drivers, restraints, and challenges
• The total market for endoscopy devices in Australia, South Korea, and Southeast Asia was $X million in 2012 and is expected to reach $X million in 2017. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of X%.
• Australia accounted for about X% of the total market revenue, closely followed by South Korea at X%, and X% from other Southeast Asian countries.
• By application, gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy and laparoscopy remain the most popular segments, accounting for X% and X% of the total endoscopy market revenues, respectively. Neuroendoscopy and ear, nose, and throat (ENT) are in the nascent stage, but have high growth potential.
• In segmentation by component, endoscopy equipment accounted for most revenue with X% of total revenues.
• Between rigid and flexible scopes, flexible is preferred despite its high cost.
• Lack of infrastructure, personnel, and expertise in applications such as neuro, pulmonary, arthroscopy, and ENT promotes the use of open surgical methods.
• Market estimates show that developed economies such as Australia and South Korea have been using endoscopy for more than X toX decades and therefore, present a replacement market.
• Moreover, these countries invest in cutting-edge technologies such as capsule endoscopy or integrated operating suites in endoscopy to enhance their expertise to be on a par with Western economies. These factors act as consistent drivers for volume sales and revenue growth.
• Similarly, developing economies of Malaysia, Thailand, and emerging countries such as the Philippines and Vietnam are expected to be the fastest growing. They have invested significantly in endoscopic capabilities.
• Indonesia is still nascent to the concept of using endoscopy for intervention and surgery.
• Healthcare investments by private sectors have had multifold growth across Southeast Asia. These hospitals have identified medical tourism as one of the key strategies to drive growth and invested in endoscopy.
• Regional differences put pressure on the manufacturers to cater to end user needs to differentiate themselves from the rest of the service providers, for example, reliable after sales service offers and replacement options at competitive prices.
• The existing competitive landscape is dominated by Olympus Corporation, Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG, Richard Wolf, Stryker, Fujinon, and Pentax. Most products are from Japan and Germany.
• Brand reputation, strategic partnership with local distributors, enhanced customer loyalty, and faster penetration are factors for increased penetration in the region.
• Consolidation across facilities and physicians and cost containment are some of the most impending challenges in the market.
• Among the emerging countries (Vietnam, the Philippines, and Indonesia), hospitals in Vietnam have a higher penetration of endoscopy. The country organizes training programmes and workshops on various surgical disciplines through sponsorship and donation.
Scope and Segmentation
Geographic Segmentation: Australia, South Korea, Malaysia, Thailand,Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam
Study Period: 2010–2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
Revenues for endoscopy are derived from 2 segments: Applications and components
Applications: They include sale of arthroscopy, ENT, gastrointestinal, gynecological, laparoscope, neuro, pulmonary and urology equipment, scopes and accessories.
Components: They include breakdown by equipment, accessories, rigid endoscopes and flexible endoscopes for all applications.
Price: It is defined as the average selling price of endoscopes and endoscopic suite.
Revenue: Income is generated for the manufacturers from sale of endoscopy devices to retail distributors and end users.
Developed countries include Australia and South Korea.
Developing countries include Malaysia and Thailand.
Emerging countries include Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What is the market size, growth rate and potential for endoscopy devices? Which segment of endoscopy market is growing fast?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs? What is the role of domestic manufacturers, and how does it impact the market?
What is the greatest challenge faced by the endoscopy market and how to overcome it?
Which are the major countries, and what are the important trends for each application in endoscopy?
Are the endoscopy products and services offered by manufacturers meeting the needs of the customer? What are the other things that customers look for?
What are the reimbursement trends, prevalence, role of influencers to keep the market growing?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
About Neurology Endoscopy Devices Endoscopy is a minimally invasive (MI) medical procedure that is used for the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of complications in the internal organs of the body. ...
About Pulmonary Endoscopy Devices The global pulmonary endoscopy devices market has the potential to grow at a steady pace. There is an increased demand for pulmonary endoscopy devices in individuals with ...
Endoscopy is the close examination of internal organs and vessels of the human body, which is used to inspect a person’s digestive tract. It helps to suspect if an organ or precise area of the body is ...