Table of Contents
Challenges of Sustaining Growth in a Rising Costs vis-à-vis Declining Investment Environment
The research study gives an overview of the CMS market in India.The product segments and sub-segments covered are Cable Trays, Raceways, Floor Ducts and System Box, as well as Conduits.The slides 5 to 20 define research scope, overall introduction, Market Measurements, Product Segmentation, Distribution Channels, and the drivers and restraints. Slides 21 to 36 provide the total cable tray market, covering revenues, forecasts, split by segment, competitive overview, end-user segmentation and demand analysis. Slides 37 to 56 presents an understanding of the individual product segments in the Indian market in terms of revenues, forecast, competitive overview. The concluding slide lists the three big predictions for the market in India.
• Frost & Sullivan estimates the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the cable management systems (CMS) market in India to be X% from 2012 to 2017.
• The market is expected to increase to - Million by 2017, up from - Million in 2012.
• The Indian market for CMS products follows the building construction market in India. Although the revenue has risen for CMS, growth rate has been suffering since 2008 due to the economic recession in the country.
• In 2012, the leading segment of the CMS market was the cable tray market segment, which captured X% of the market.
• CMS manufacturers are facing inflationary pressures and increased raw material costs, particularly for steel.
• However, due to competition from local industry participants the prices of CMS products in India increased marginally, impacting the net profit margins.
• In 2012 the private companies rather than Government PSUs comprised the largest section of end-users for CMS products in India, accounting for more than X% of the total CMS market.
• Distributors are the main channel for reaching the end users in this market, catering to X% of the total market size.
1. The total market for CMS in India was worth X Million in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of X%.
2. Any large CMS manufacturer would account for aboutX% to X% share in a market with approximately X participants.
3. Decrease in private sector spending and public projects due to slowing Indian economy is impacting demand.
4. Increasing raw material costs and price competition are the main threats for the CMS market in India.
5. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy in organized retail is expected to shore up demand for CMS in future.
Market Overview—Product Segmentation
• Solid Bottom
A cable tray is used to support electrical cables or wires used for power distribution and communication within a building. Cable trays are usually placed above false-ceilings and in trenches. There are four types of cable trays–ladder, punching, solid bottom, and mesh.
Raceway is installed in order to provide a passage way for wiring and is normally surface-mounted on walls (rarely on ceilings and floors). It may or may not have a removable cover.
Floor duct and Junction Box
A floor duct is a duct-type cable management system that is installed under the floor of buildings or spaces, such as department stores.
A system box is an electrical system box that enables electricity to be connected from the cable installed under the floor.
A conduit is an electrical piping system used for the protection and routing of electrical wires. A conduit can be made from any of the following materials like metal, plastic, and fibre.
India: Republic of India
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Who are the major market participants?
Which are the attractive segments in the CMS market?
What does it take to be successful in the CMS market?
How are CMS products primarily distributed?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The expansion of the global AC motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.7%. Currently, AC motors ...
The expansion of the global AC generator industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 0.7%. Currently, AC generators ...
The expansion of the global electric generating set industry is forecast to reach 1.5% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 1.2%. Currently, ...