Table of Contents
Health and Wellness Mega Trend Would Drive Market Growth
India’s overall water demand will double by 2050, growing at a CAGR of 1.5% from 2010 to 2050. Per capita water availability has dropped drastically between 1950 and 2000, and has been decreasing ever since. Inefficient water management practices are the reason for today’s situation. Water crisis in India is imminent and is exacerbated because of faster extraction from groundwater and surface water resources than the rate of replenishment. Moreover, process water requirement by industries is competing with the drinking water requirement of the growing population. This is creating a demand for water treatment systems in commercial and residential segments.
• Groundwater contamination, non-availability of municipal water, and health awareness have increased the usage of POE reverse osmosis (RO) systems in commercial and residential segments in India.
• RO systems are preferred in hotels and hospitals. Hotels utilize RO systems for potable applications. Hospitals utilize RO water for surgeries, kidney dialysis, and other critical applications such as sterilization of medical equipment.
• Pre-treatment for RO systems is frequently done in hotels and hospitals. Pre-treatment generally consists of a carbon filter and softeners. RO reject, the reject from the RO process, is reused for flushing and landscaping applications.
• Conventional systems are preferred in the residential segment. Price of RO systems is a limiting factor in increasing penetration.
• The competition is high with approximately X to Xcompanies present in each major city such as the National Capital Region (NCR), Mumbai, Chennai, and Bengaluru. Of them onlyX– companies are from the organized sector.
1. The usage of POE water treatment systems for commercial and residential purposes is growing at a high rate in India.
2. RO systems are preferred in hospitals and hotels. Conventional systems are preferred in residential segments. The high price of RO systems is slowing its penetration in the residential segment.
3. The top four participants account for more than X% of the market.
4. High investment in commercial and residential segments would drive the demand for water treatment systems in India.
Base Year: 2012
Short Term: 2012-2014
Medium Term: 2014-2016
Long Term: 2016-2017
The revenue is in INR million and is based on the sales of POE water treatment systems in commercial and residential end-user segments.
Conventional Systems (include softeners, activated carbon systems, iron removal plants, sand filters, mica filters, etc.)
Commercial: Hotels, Hospitals, Others (include software parks, shopping malls, office buildings, etc.)
Market Overview—Macro Economic Factors in India
Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Growth (2012): X%
Population (2012): Xbillion
Inflation (2012): X%
Industrial Production Growth: X%
India’s Key Strengths:
• Strong growth fundamentals are supported by economic liberalization and domestic demand.
• There is strong and competitive private participation.
• The demographic dividend results in a high rate of economic development due to the long working age because of a high share of young population.
Market Overview—Water Stressed Regions in India
Affected Sates: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra
Affected Sates: Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh
Affected Sates: Rajasthan, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, Punjab, Orissa, Bihar, West Bengal
Affected Sates: Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu
All southern states and a few western states fall under the physical water scarcity category and central, eastern, and north eastern states fall under the economic water scarcity category.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the major factors that drive the growth of POE water treatment systems in India?
What are the growth opportunities offered by different application segments?
What is the level of competition in the Indian market for POE water treatment systems?
How is the distribution channel structured?
What is the revenue breakdown (current and forecast) by end-user segment? What is the revenue breakdown by technology segment?
Who are the entities in the value chain and what are the purchase influencers?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The PTFE membrane market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% in terms of value during the forecast period” The PTFE membrane market was valued at USD 1.49 billion in 2015, and is projected to ...
“Increasing demand in water & wastewater treatment application is the prime factor for the growth of the membranes market” The global membranes market is projected to reach USD 11.95 billion by 2021, ...
The global chitosan market is expected to reach USD 17.84 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Chitosan market demand is primarily driven by factors including raw material ...