Table of Contents
ValueNotes presents a research report on the cold chain industry in India. This industry report covers intelligence on the market size, growth, industry trends, industry attractiveness, and Porter’s analysis. The report covers fiscal years 2013 through 2017.
India is the second largest producer of fruits and vegetables (about 200million metric tonnes) but it has a very limited integrated cold-chain infrastructure, with only ~5,400 stand-alone cold storages having a total capacity of ~23.6million metric tonnes.
- The cold chain industry in India is currently valued at INR 245bn (~USD 4billion) in FY 2013 and has been growing at ~18% for the last three years. ValueNotes estimates that the industry will be worth approximately INR 520bn (~USD 10billion) by FY 2017, growing at CAGR of ~20%
- Surface storage warehousing in India has a capacity of around 23.6million metric tonnes as of 2010, and private sector cold storages in the country accounts for a capacity of 22.24million metric tonnes; cooperative sector for 1.88million metric tonnes; while the public sector accounts for 0.47million metric tonnes
- Surface storage in cold chain industry to reach 95 million metric tonnes (MT) by 2017
- The new initiatives announced during the Union Budget - modernization of existing facilities, new ventures via private & government partnerships, etc. – will boost the integrated cold chain industry in India
- Change in lifestyle and demand for processed or packaged food is creating the need for cold storage solutions across India
The report includes profiles of the leading players in the cold chain industry - Brahmanand Himghar, Dev Bhumi Cold Chain, Gati Ltd, Gubba Cold Storage Ltd, Snowman Logistics Ltd - with a brief overview about their service offerings, key financial ratios, expansion strategies, etc.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Cold chain market projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.0% during the forecast period” The cold chain market is estimated to be valued at USD 189.92 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach a value of ...
The global cold chain market is anticipated to reach USD 381.68 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The expansion of trade over the years has arisen the necessity of ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...