Table of Contents
Renewable Energy in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- What was the size of the Japan renewable energy market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Japan renewable energy market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan renewable energy market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in Japan's renewable energy market?
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan renewable energy market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the renewable energy market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the renewable energy market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key renewable energy market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan renewable energy market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
The renewable energy market consists of the net generation of electricity through renewable sources. It is divided into five segments, these being hydroelectricity; wind energy; solar, tide and wave energy; electricity generated through biomass and waste; and geothermal energy. The volume of the market is calculated as the net volume of electricity produced through renewable means in terawatt hours (TWh), and the market value has been calculated according to an average of annual domestic and industrial retail prices per kWH, inclusive of applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates. Please note that 1 terawatt hour is identical to 1,000 gigawatt hours (GWh).
The Japanese renewable energy market had total revenues of $29.8bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% between 2011 and 2015.
Market production volume increased with a CAGR of 9.5% between 2011 and 2015, to reach a total of 169.5 TWh in 2015.
Investments in renewable energy in Japan were heavily boosted in the aftermath of the Fukushima disaster which saw nuclear energy disappear from the energy mix of the nation. However, nuclear energy is now expected to make a return in the country in the coming years and this could have an impact on the growth of renewable energy in the country.
Nevertheless it Is important to remember that one of the major reasons for the return of nuclear energy in the country is to reduce Japan's reliance on fossil fuel based energy. The growth of renewable energy in the nation may as such not be too heavily impacted by the return of nuclear energy.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global LNG Industry Outlook to 2021 - Capacity and Capital Expenditure Forecasts with Details of All Operating and Planned Terminals Summary "Global LNG Industry Outlook to 2021 - Capacity and Capital ...
“The generator sales market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2016 to 2021.” The generator sales market is projected to reach USD 24.45 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2016 ...
Global Energy Recovery Ventilators Market: Overview This report covers the analysis and forecast of the energy recovery ventilators market on a global and regional level. The study provides historic data ...