Table of Contents
Quest for a Green Economy Drives Growth in the Emerging Market
This research service provides a detailed analysis of the organic and natural ingredients market in Western Europe for home care and personal care ingredients segments. The study period is 2009 to 2017. The scope of the study covers 5 product groups under home care – surfactants, fabric enhancers, enzymes, rheology modifiers, and disinfectants and biocides; and 5 product groups under personal care – anti-aging, moisturizing, exfoliating, anti-microbial ingredients, and UV filters. The study provides detailed insight into these products in terms of trends, revenue, and forecasts. Product and technology trends are covered, key market driving and restraining forces are described, and key competitive factors are identified.
• The Western European market for organic and natural ingredients for home and personal care was estimated to be worth $X million in 2012. The market size is expected to be approximately $Xmillion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of X%.
• The market is analyzed in X segments—home care ingredients and personal care ingredients.
• The home care ingredients segment covers surfactants, fabric enhancers, enzymes, rheology modifiers, and disinfectants and biocides. Personal care ingredients segment covers active ingredients under sub segments – anti-aging, moisturizing, exfoliating, anti-microbial, and UV filters.
• The personal care ingredients segment is driven by growing demand for cosmetic products and the preference for natural ingredients.
• Key competitive factors for market growth are:
- Product differentiation
- Competitive pricing
- Superior product quality and technical performance,
• Single and multi-level distributors constitute the predominant sales channel for most segments.
• Sustainability, and independence from fluctuating oil prices are the main incentives for customers to shift from synthetic to organic and natural ingredients.
• The surfactants and enzyme sub segments of home care, and anti-aging and moisturizing sub segments of personal care are expected to exhibit the highest growth in future.
1. Increasing green awareness and environment consciousness drive demand for organic and natural ingredients.
2. The trend towards natural ingredients is higher in personal care, while home care focuses on sustainability and biodegradability.
3. Intense mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activities between specialty chemical, oleochemical and natural extract companies impact market dynamics.
4. Innovation and achieving product performance comparable to synthetic ingredients are the key success factors in the market.
5. Product differentiation and carbon footprint reduction are the key incentives for adoption of organic and natural ingredients in home care and personal care formulations.
The aim of this research service is to analyze the Western European organic and natural ingredients market in home and personal care. The forces that affect the market are discussed, and strategic recommendations are provided.
1. To provide an overview of the organic and natural ingredients market in home and personal care
2. To discuss challenges and potential driving and restraining forces that would have an impact during the forecast period
3. To provide overall market revenue and forecasts for the individual segments
4. To assess the competitive structure and distribution channels and identify key success factors of suppliers
5. To provide strategic recommendations for manufacturers and suppliers and provide market conclusions based on the research
• Environmental awareness and eco-friendliness are increasingly gaining importance in today’s fast paced world and every business enterprise lays huge emphasis on increasing their sustainability quotient and decreasing their carbon footprint.
• Increasing green awareness among consumers drives demand for production of eco-friendly products that are made from renewable resources that are bio-degradable and have a lesser environmental impact as compared to synthetic products from petrochemical origin.
• Home care and personal care are consumer markets that are at the forefront of the global green movement.
• Overall sustainability in water usage and waste disposal weigh heavily on home care products such as dishwashing liquids and laundry detergent. Similarly, preference for natural ingredients increase the demand for natural cosmetics in personal care products.
• Consumer behavior and preferences tend to have a huge impact across the value chain of FMCG industries.
• Thus, increasing adoption of greener end-products drive demand for innovative ingredients that are naturally sourced and effectively processed to ensure the same performance attributes of the existing synthetic alternatives.
• However, the higher price associated with organic and natural substitutes and the willingness of the end consumer to accept the price remains a deciding factor for the development of the organic and natural ingredients market.
Geographic Coverage: Western Europe
Study Period: 2009–2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
The Republic of Ireland
The United Kingdom
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
How will the structure of the market change with time?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is there additional development needed?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Asia Pacific Surfactants Market: Overview Surfactants or surface active agents are organic compounds produced from petrochemical raw materials such as ethylene and benzene or oleo-chemical raw materials ...
The global biosurfactants market is expected to record a revenue of USD XX million in 2016. This market is likely to be worth USD XX million by 2021, projecting an estimated CAGR of 4.07%, over the forecast ...
The South American market for surfactants is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period. The market in this region will witness a rise, from current value of $2.9 billion to $4 billion ...