Table of Contents
Smart Home: The market for smart home products is estimated to have grown by 12% annually from 2010 to 2012, reaching €48.9 million in terms of product sales at Manucturer Sellling Price (MSP). With system integration / installation the market is estimated at €61.1 million.
The market is still dominated by extended or integrated installations taking place in luxury single dwellings. More basic standard systems are installed in mid-range to high-end dwellings. The integrated market is served by about 200 system integrators who work on a limited number of high-end projects. More standard systems are accessible to the electrical installers, who will be key in the development of the market. The penetration of smart home systems in new and existing dwellings is currently very small. It is estimated at 2.5% of new dwellings, which represents approximately 9,400 new dwellings in 2012. In existing housing, it is estimated at 0.2%. This represents approximately 68,400 dwellings already equipped with smart home solutions. 80% of supply takes place via the electrical distribution route, which is dominated by the two French wholesalers Rexel and Sonepar. The remaining 20% covers direct supply to system integrators. The leading suppliers are Legrand and Hager, the former uses a proprietary protocol, while the latter supplies systems relying on KNX. Both companies make use of the electrical distribution route. Other suppliers include Somfy, the suppliers of KNX systems (Schneider Electric, ABB, Jung), and to a lesser extent Delta Dore, as well as a number of suppliers of basic systems.
HEMS: The Home energy management market has remained a niche over the last three years, with many initiatives falling through while cheap products supplied via retail or the Internet found their way in homes. Until the end of 2012, no incentives or drivers have helped the market to take off, hence a stable market size estimated at €7 million. In the next two years however, this market is expected to take off, as the current thermal regulation RT2012 which took effect in January 2013, imposes the monitoring of energy use in the dwelling. This will have an impact at the end of 2014 or beginning of 2015, when the first dwellings authorised in 2013 will be completed.
Following an optimistic model assuming that all new dwellings constructed following the rules of the RT2012 are equipped with some sort of HEMS in order to comply with the regulation, the total value estimated for HEMS in new dwellings is forecast to reach €48.5 million. The leaders in this future market are expected to be Hager, Delta Dore and Legrand.
Intelligent environmental controls: There are two markets defined as such in France: controls for electric heating (Gestionnaires d’énergie), and controls for wet heating. While the former is expected to vanish away due to the collapse in the installation of electric radiators in new dwellings, the latter is expected to remain a niche at €1.3 million estimated in 2012.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The BAS market estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.73% between 2017 and 2022” The building automation system (BAS) market was valued at USD 53.66 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 99.11 ...
Rise in Electricity Prices, Boom in Building Construction, and Energy Services to Result in Near Doubling of Overall Revenues for the Building Energy Management System Market The Southeast Asian Building ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Energy Management Market is estimated at $27.6 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $98.8 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 19.9% from 2015 to 2022. Some ...