Table of Contents
The Algerian government has prioritised water supply infrastructure for the last 15 years with billion dollar plans funded by the state and carried out by foreign companies. The procurement processes are also very open, making for an extremely transparent and attractive market for international companies. Now is the time to position your business in this region and take advantage of the opportunities in this steadily growing market with exciting prospects.
The market is set to undergo substantial growth with capital expenditure expected to grow from $1.4 billion in 2011 to $10.5 billion in 2018. We guide you through the biggest opportunities with a focus on network expansion and rehabilitation, and wastewater treatment and desalination will also be on the agenda.
There are several growth areas in this market, making it a good market for businesses with a range of business portfolios. This is your complete toolkit for success in this market – exploring trends and opportunities, offering strategies for market entry as well market forecast and database of Algerian utilities.
Market drivers and opportunities
Algeria is an extremely attractive market – it is committed to developing a first class water and wastewater infrastructure via major state-funded projects and private sector participation.
Capital expenditure is expected to increase by almost ten-fold in the space of 7 years, and we guide you through the biggest growth areas so you can plan your involvement in this market:
• Private operations – Algeria has been a world leader in developing private contracts. Several crucial decisions regarding existing contracts could potentially create huge opportunities in this area. We guide you through market developments, potential opportunities and strategies for your involvement in this market so you can be the first to capitalise on these opportunities as and when they arise.
• Networks rehabilitation – The biggest opportunities will lie in network rehabilitation and expansion, creating exciting prospects for equipment suppliers. The report offers supply chain analysis, strategies for positioning yourself in the supply chain and market player analysis – so you can understand exactly how the market works and who you need to build relationships with for success in the Algerian water sector.
• Wastewater treatment – The government is aiming to double the volume of treated wastewater and is putting emphasis on the importance of reuse, creating opportunities in the construction of new plants and rehabilitation of existing plants. In addition, new regulations surrounding pre-treatment will create opportunities for wastewater treatment technologies. There will be a huge scope of growth areas in this sector, creating opportunities for a variety of water companies – this is your guide to finding lucrative opportunities that match your business portfolio.
• Desalination – Algeria has an excellent track record in desalination – this report is your guide to the best opportunities in the remaining plants and potential opportunities in the construction of further large-scale desalination plants.
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in Algeria, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Use this report to: - Analyze the applications of flocculants and the market dynamics of each application and growth strategies of key players in the flocculants market. - Understand drivers, restraints, ...
Use this report to: - Receive information on water infrastructure repair technologies (WIRT) used in global drinking water distribution and wastewater collection piped infrastructure systems. - Assess ...
Global Water Meter Market: Overview The water meter market report provides analysis for the period 2014–2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 is the forecast period and 2015 is the base year. The ...