Table of Contents
The Australian government has put water at the forefront of the national agenda, and backed this up with multi-billion dollar spending programmes to avert a scarcity crisis, and this is creating huge opportunities for the water sector especially as private sector participation is steadily rising.
Global Water Intelligence Market Insight: Australia will guide you through the best emerging opportunities for the private sector in the Australia water market. The biggest opportunities will be in water reuse and wastewater treatment, and the mining sector’s thirst for water will create a market for large desalination plants and reuse. With huge emerging areas of opportunities and capital expenditure rising from $6.1 billion in 2011 to $7.2 billion in 2018, this is an essential guide to the Australian water market.
There are four main sections in this report – in-depth analysis of the water market, forecasts, a guide to regulations and, finally, a full list of water utilities in Australia.
Market drivers and opportunities
Australia’s recent history is dominated by heavy spending to develop drought proof resources in the face of the Australia water crisis. The focus of investment will change from large-scale municipal desalination projects in light of recent record rainfall and a change in the political climate, so we will guide you through the emerging opportunities in:
• Water reuse and wastewater treatment – the government will continue to invest in water reuse and stormwater management, as well as focusing on wastewater treatment plant rehabilitation.
• Desalination and wastewater treatment for mining – the mining sector will offer the most exciting opportunities in Australia’s industrial water sector. Mining companies are keen to manage their water and wastewater well to ease the permission process and to secure their business critical water supply. Companies are keen to invest in desalination to secure their water supplies and will invest in water reuse technologies to make the most of every drop – this report guides you through the drivers and opportunities in this lucrative sector.
How this report will help you capitalise on these opportunities:
• We guide you through the contract models in the Australia water market and identify the types of contracts that offer the best opportunities for public-private partnerships.
• The report offers a complete supply chain analysis and strategies for success in this market, so you can see exactly which relationships you need to build and identify your place in the supply chain.
• This market insight report will help you understand the buying process in Australia and the factors that will influence their choice of supplier.
• The report also identifies the key market players, so you know exactly how the market works from the perspective of industry insiders.
The Australia market insight report offers a complete guide to the country’s existing regulatory framework and laws, as well as predicting future regulatory scenarios. This report will allow you to understand which current and emerging regulations will create a demand for your technology, and help you plan the expansion of your product portfolio for compliance with future regulations in this market.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water quality regulations
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A database of over 50 utilities in Australia…
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in Australia, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Use this report to: - Analyze the applications of flocculants and the market dynamics of each application and growth strategies of key players in the flocculants market. - Understand drivers, restraints, ...
Use this report to: - Receive information on water infrastructure repair technologies (WIRT) used in global drinking water distribution and wastewater collection piped infrastructure systems. - Assess ...
Global Water Meter Market: Overview The water meter market report provides analysis for the period 2014–2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 is the forecast period and 2015 is the base year. The ...