Table of Contents
China’s large population, rapidly-growing economy and high pollution levels make for a potential catastrophe and the Chinese government are taking this water crisis very seriously. Capital expenditure on the Chinese water and wastewater infrastructure already stands at a massive $31.2 billion and this is set to increase by 87% to $56.9 billion by 2018 – making China the largest market in the world.
There are huge opportunities in this market for companies that can establish and develop the right relationships. This report will highlight your potential partners and competitors and give you strong strategies for entering the supply chain. It pinpoints industrial wastewater treatment as the area with the biggest prospects for international players and will show you the trends that will create the best opportunities for your business.
This water market insight report is absolutely essential for anyone who wants to break into the Chinese water market or increase their market share. It analyses the water market in great depth, evaluates procurement models and supply chains and gives you a full guide to the stringent regulations in this market, so you know exactly how to do business in this country.
A full list of Chinese water utilities will help you turn this analysis of the opportunities in the water market in China into concrete sales leads.
Market drivers and opportunities
The municipal market in China is beginning to slow whilst the industrial wastewater market is becoming increasingly attractive, especially for foreign players. However, both sectors still offer huge opportunities for the water sectors. We explore the opportunities in both sectors and show you how the shift towards advanced technologies in the industrial market is creating the best opportunities for foreign companies.
The water market in China has historically been a more difficult market for international players, but we can give you strategies to help you compete in this sector.
Municipal water and wastewater investment
There will be further major investment in this area. From new wastewater treatments plants to seawater desalination, we show you how the municipal market will develop over the next few years. The report analyses the opportunities for international players to get involved in the municipal market, so you can decide if this sector holds any prospects for your business.
Industrial water demand is set to double over the next 20 years and industrial water holds huge opportunities for international players to break into the Chinese market.
We show you how:
• Advanced wastewater treatment technologies – new regulations in response to the increased demand for industrial water are creating new opportunities for advanced wastewater treatment technologies. A lack of local expertise in these technologies is creating big opportunities for international players – we show you how to overcome potential obstacles and how to position your business in the market for the best chance of success.
Accessing the market
Entering the Chinese market will require a robust strategy – navigating and maintaining relationships is crucial for any company wishing to compete in this sector.
We pinpoint opportunities for market penetration, partnerships and show you where you can fit into the supply chain, offering you the best chance of success in this market. The opportunities are big, and this is your guide to success in this market.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
This report looks at the regulations in place, compliance and enforcement so you can see how they will affect your business decisions and opportunities in this market.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water quality regulations
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
A database of over 650 utilities in China
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in China, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The PTFE membrane market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% in terms of value during the forecast period” The PTFE membrane market was valued at USD 1.49 billion in 2015, and is projected to ...
“Increasing demand in water & wastewater treatment application is the prime factor for the growth of the membranes market” The global membranes market is projected to reach USD 11.95 billion by 2021, ...
Growth Driven by Power, Petrochemical, and Chemical Industries The North American market for mobile water and wastewater treatment systems serves a critical purpose in keeping facilities running and responding ...