Table of Contents
Egypt is a country with great potential. It is currently a country in transition, but as the national programme of large WWTP and desalination projects restarts, there will be good opportunities for international players.
We guide you through the opportunities in these major projects as well as small scale privately owned and operated desalination plants in tourism development. Capital expenditure is set to recover to $2.2 billion by 2018 from $1.5 billion in 2011, so now is the time to prepare your involvement in this sector.
This report is your essential toolkit for understanding emerging opportunities and devising strategies for entering the market. From analysis of emerging opportunities, procurement models and supply chain analysis to market forecasts, a database of utilities and a chapter on regulations, this report covers everything you need to do business in this country.
Market drivers and opportunities
There are good potential opportunities in the Egyptian water market. This report will guide you through the existing opportunities that are emerging as a result of the national PPP programme, as well as assess the potential for growth in other areas.
• National PPP programme – The lack of public investment budget has generated opportunities for private investment in large scale water and wastewater infrastructure. This report will guide you through the WWTP and desalination plants that have generated the best opportunities in this market.
• Rural wastewater coverage – the government aims to increase coverage to 100% over the next decade, and this area will offer the best opportunities in smaller-scale projects. This report will show you exactly how this will create opportunities for the private sector.
• Privately-owned and operated plants – we show you the opportunities in the tourism market for the international private sector, with a focus on small-scale desalination plants which will offer the majority of contracts. The report analyses procurement models, key players in this sector and exactly how the market works, so you have the best chance of winning these contracts.
• Potential for future investment in water and wastewater infrastructure – If the country can secure a loan with the International Monetary fund, the level of investment in water and wastewater infrastructure could increase substantially. We explore the potential opportunities so you can capitalise on potential growth ahead of your competition.
This report looks at the regulations in place, compliance and enforcement so you can see how they will affect your business decisions and opportunities in this market.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water quality regulations
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A database of 27 utilities in the Egyptian water market…
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in Egypt, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible, so you can capitalise on opportunities in water in Egypt.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Use this report to: - Analyze the applications of flocculants and the market dynamics of each application and growth strategies of key players in the flocculants market. - Understand drivers, restraints, ...
Use this report to: - Receive information on water infrastructure repair technologies (WIRT) used in global drinking water distribution and wastewater collection piped infrastructure systems. - Assess ...
Global Water Meter Market: Overview The water meter market report provides analysis for the period 2014–2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 is the forecast period and 2015 is the base year. The ...