Table of Contents
The Italian water market has unquestionable potential. Although it is currently a market in decline with the country’s current economic situation, Italy’s aging infrastructure coupled with the need to improve water and wastewater treatment to comply with EU directives mean the sector will get moving again.
When this does happen, there will be huge opportunities for companies that have positioned themselves correctly – with capital expenditure set to recover from $1.6 billion in 2011 to $2.3 billion in 2018. This is an essential report in helping you understand market developments, challenges and opportunities and how the Italian water sector actually works in practice, so you can be the first to take advantage of these opportunities when they arise.
This report is complete guide to the Italian water market. We analyse the water sector, show you the areas of opportunity and give you strategies for success in the market. Alongside this thorough examination of the market, this report provides in-depth market forecasts, a complete guide to regulations and a full database of Italian water utilities (including direct contact details and service indicators).
Market drivers and opportunities
Although Italy’s current economic situation is restricting their ability to finance the country’s declining water and wastewater infrastructure, the country’s needs are great and will need to be addressed. This will inevitably result in the following opportunities:
• Water supply – every part of the supply system will need upgrading, from pumps to treatment plants to networks and they will need to ensure they comply with EU directives. We show you how this will create opportunities in new WTP projects.
• Wastewater – there are huge deficiencies in wastewater treatment and, again, Italy is failing to meet EU directives. Around 50% of all WWTP’s will need to be upgraded, and there will also be new plants constructed – we show you how these drivers are affecting market growth, and exactly how you can get involved.
Italy’s regulatory framework changes frequently and is very complex. This report is absolutely essential in understanding the changes in the frameworks and understanding how they will affect how you do business in this sector.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water quality regulations
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A database of 187 utilities in Italy...
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in Italy, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Analyze the applications of flocculants and the market dynamics of each application and growth strategies of key players in the flocculants market. - Understand drivers, restraints, ...
Use this report to: - Receive information on water infrastructure repair technologies (WIRT) used in global drinking water distribution and wastewater collection piped infrastructure systems. - Assess ...
Global Water Meter Market: Overview The water meter market report provides analysis for the period 2014–2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 is the forecast period and 2015 is the base year. The ...