Table of Contents
The Malaysian water market is on the up. The government is highly motivated to fund service and this coupled with a GDP growth rate in excess of 8% makes for an exciting market.
Capital expenditure is set to increase by a huge 125% with spending increasing from $0.9 billion in 2011 to $2.1 billion by 2018. This report pinpoints the best opportunities for foreign players in large, specialized or technically innovative projects, gives you strategies for breaking into the market and makes projections for further opportunities for international players in the Malaysian water market.
Market drivers and opportunities
The rapid progression in the Malaysia water and wastewater sector is being driven by the government’s aim to see the country achieve ‘high-income developed nation’ status by 2020.
To achieve this water and wastewater coverage will be extended and infrastructure will be improved and this report will identify the schemes and initiatives that will drive opportunities for your business:
• Malaysian water and wastewater treatment project targets – we show you how government schemes that set targets for the number of new projects will create huge opportunities for water treatment companies in Malaysia between now and 2015. We identify the opportunities for public-private partnerships, look at the common contracts models, and show you how you can successfully get involved in the new projects over the next five years.
• Supply chain analysis – there are excellent opportunities for international players who understand how the supply chain works and who they need to build relationships with to compete with local players. This report is your handbook to understanding how the Malaysian water market really works.
• New and innovative technologies – foreign companies have most success as equipment suppliers of new and innovative technologies, We show you the technology trends, how to overcome obstacles to market entry and how equipment is bought and sold.
The Malaysia market insight report offers a complete guide to the water pollution in Malaysia and the country’s existing regulatory framework and laws, as well as predicting future regulatory scenarios.
This report will allow you to understand which current and emerging regulations will create a demand for your technology, and help you plan the expansion of your product portfolio for compliance with future regulations in this market.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water in Malaysia, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water in Malaysia - quality regulations
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Malaysian water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
Accessing the market
Water in Malaysia holds big opportunities for the private sector. This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in the Malaysia Water Market, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and malaysia water market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A database of over 70 utilities in Malaysia…
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in the Malaysian water market, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Analyze the applications of flocculants and the market dynamics of each application and growth strategies of key players in the flocculants market. - Understand drivers, restraints, ...
Use this report to: - Receive information on water infrastructure repair technologies (WIRT) used in global drinking water distribution and wastewater collection piped infrastructure systems. - Assess ...
Global Water Meter Market: Overview The water meter market report provides analysis for the period 2014–2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 is the forecast period and 2015 is the base year. The ...