Table of Contents
The newly elected Mexican government is dedicated to vastly improving water and wastewater via foreign private sector participation – GWI has identified this as one of the most attractive water markets to do business and we show you exactly how you can be successful in the Mexico's water market.
We track the most exciting developments in this market: wastewater treatment is a huge area of opportunity with the largest wastewater treatment plant currently under construction and further large projects on the agenda. Opportunities for the private sector are set to increase due to the new legislative framework for public-private partnerships and overall capital expenditure on Mexican water and wastewater infrastructure is set to double to $5.1 billion in 2018 to reduce Mexico's water problems. All of these factors make for a prosperous water market, and we show you how to make the most of these opportunities.
Market drivers and opportunities
Water in Mexico is creating huge opportunities for the foreign private sector, Global Water Intelligence Market Insight: Mexicooffers a complete roadmap to the best opportunities in this sector so you can identify the best prospects for your business in the Mexican water market:
• Wastewater treatment will offer the biggest opportunities. The government have set to targets to improve Mexico's water supply and wastewater treatment. They aim to achieve 100% wastewater coverage and reuse by 2030. We pinpoint the major developments in wastewater treatment, giving you the market intelligence to stay ahead of your competition.
• Procurement models – we investigate the models currently in place for private sector participation for treatment plants and highlight the opportunities this creates for local and international players. The report offers strategies for entering the market or increasing your share in this lucrative market.
• Advanced treatment technologies – public authorities are becoming more interested in advanced technologies. We look at the emerging Mexico's water technology trends, how the need for specific expertise is creating opportunities for international players and offer strategies for entering the market.
• O&M opportunities – the report looks identifies emerging trends in operations and maintenance contracts for the private sector. The report demonstrates how this new form of PPP could create huge opportunities for your business in the Mexican water market.
• Private sector finance – this will play a big role in achieving the government’s water and wastewater infrastructure targets. The report will reveal the legislative framework for private investment and the new forms of contracts in place, so you can exactly how the market works and how to take advantage of new opportunities.
This market insight report offers a complete guide to water pollution in Mexico, the country’s existing regulatory framework and laws, as well as predicting future regulatory scenarios. This report will allow you to understand which current and emerging regulations will create a demand for your technology, and help you plan the expansion of your product portfolio for compliance with future regulations in the Mexico water market.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water in Mexico, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water quality regulations to reduce water pollution in Mexico
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A database of 87 utilities in the Mexican water market…
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in Mexico, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible, so you can capitalise on opportunities in water in Mexico.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The PTFE membrane market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% in terms of value during the forecast period” The PTFE membrane market was valued at USD 1.49 billion in 2015, and is projected to ...
“Increasing demand in water & wastewater treatment application is the prime factor for the growth of the membranes market” The global membranes market is projected to reach USD 11.95 billion by 2021, ...
Growth Driven by Power, Petrochemical, and Chemical Industries The North American market for mobile water and wastewater treatment systems serves a critical purpose in keeping facilities running and responding ...