Table of Contents
The Russian government is committed to modernising systems and promoting private sector participation as it faces the challenge of its crumbling water and wastewater infrastructure. A series of legal reforms to reduce the risk for private players and financiers are making this an increasingly attractive market – this report will give you everything you need to capitalise on the emerging opportunities.
Capital expenditure on water and wastewater infrastructure is forecasted to nearly double from $1.4 in 2011 billion to $2.7 billion in 2018 and there will be excellent opportunities for the international private sector. We show you how decades of underinvestment has created a big shortage of local technology suppliers and how this is creating opportunities for foreign companies. The report also shows you opportunities for foreign contractors in projects with International Financial Institution support and analyse future potential in the private operations market.
Global Water Intelligence Market Insight: Russia gives you all the information you need to break into the Russian water market. From analysis of the emerging opportunities, procurement models, supply chain analysis and market forecasts to concrete sales leads that can be found in our project tracker snapshots and utilities database – this report will give you everything you need to plan and execute your involvement your entry into the Russia water market.
Market drivers and opportunities
Decades of neglect and underinvestment have taken their toll on Russian water and wastewater infrastructure, and the government have set goals to improve the situation.
This report shows you the factors that are driving these changes and the opportunities that they are creating for your business:
• Infrastructure upgrades and rehabilitation – the government have set targets to modernise water and wastewater treatment systems by 2020. The aim of this programme is to create more favourable conditions for private investment and to improve Russia’s water and wastewater infrastructure. We show you where this is creating opportunities for your business, and analyse the procurement processes and supply chains in place so you know exactly how to enter the market.
• Equipment supply – the main opportunities for international players are in equipment supply as years of underinvestment mean that local players can’t compete. The report identifies the most commonly imported technologies and analyses the supply chain, so you can match your business portfolio to the equipment needs of the Russian water market.
• Chemical supply – insufficient local chemical production means that there good openings for international chemical supply. The report identifies the most commonly imported chemicals and analyses how chemicals are bought and sold in the market.
• Private operators – private operations have become more common over the last decade but opportunities for foreign operators have been limited so far. We analyse the future potential for foreign operators in the Russian water market in light of the recent entrance of two international operators in the Russian market, so you can be ready to capitalise on future opportunities as they emerge.
This report looks at the regulations in place, compliance and enforcement so you can see how they will affect your business decisions and opportunities in this market.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water quality regulations
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A database of over 144 utilities in the Russian Federation…
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in Russia, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Analyze the applications of flocculants and the market dynamics of each application and growth strategies of key players in the flocculants market. - Understand drivers, restraints, ...
Use this report to: - Receive information on water infrastructure repair technologies (WIRT) used in global drinking water distribution and wastewater collection piped infrastructure systems. - Assess ...
Global Water Meter Market: Overview The water meter market report provides analysis for the period 2014–2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 is the forecast period and 2015 is the base year. The ...