Table of Contents
South Africa is a unique market – there are lucrative opportunities in developing their water and wastewater infrastructure but post-apartheid government policies can make market entry a delicate process. Global Water Intelligence Market Insight: South Africa is your essential handbook for accessing the opportunities in this market – we pinpoint the best prospects for the private sector and give you concrete strategies for entering the market.
With a shift towards the municipal market and major upcoming reuse and desalination projects, this is an exciting market for international companies who can build relationships with local players.
This report will provides an in-depth analysis of the South African water market –including procurement models and supply chain analysis showing you how you can form relationships with local players – as well as market forecasts, a complete guide to South African water regulations and a full list of utilities, so you can position yourself in this lucrative market.
Market drivers and opportunities
The South African government is committed to providing free water and basic sanitation to the poor as it strives to redress the inequalities of apartheid. Historically, the South African water market has been driven by the industrial sector, but over the next five years there will be a shift towards municipal water.
We show you exactly where the focus of investment will be and how to get involved:
• There will be increased investment in water and wastewater networks, together with an emphasis on municipal water reuse for industrial supply, and desalination for coastal regions. This will create a range of opportunities for local and international players with different expertise and we show how you can find your place in the supply chain.
• Public-private partnerships – the report explores a potential shift to PPP’s to meet South Africa’s water and wastewater needs, so you can get involved in emerging private sector opportunities at the earliest stages.
• Enter the supply chain alongside local players – the South African water market is largely dominated by local companies, but with increased capital expenditure on water and wastewater over the next five years there could be good opportunities for breaking into this market. We analyse the supply chain, your potential partners and the relationships you need to build for success in this market.
This report looks at the regulations in place, compliance and enforcement so you can see how they will affect your business decisions and opportunities in this market.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water quality regulations
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A full listing of 41 utilities in South Africa…
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in South Africa, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Analyze the applications of flocculants and the market dynamics of each application and growth strategies of key players in the flocculants market. - Understand drivers, restraints, ...
Use this report to: - Receive information on water infrastructure repair technologies (WIRT) used in global drinking water distribution and wastewater collection piped infrastructure systems. - Assess ...
Global Water Meter Market: Overview The water meter market report provides analysis for the period 2014–2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 is the forecast period and 2015 is the base year. The ...