Table of Contents
The Spanish water and wastewater market enjoyed a boom in the mid-2000’s, fuelled by a government backed municipal programme and a housing bubble. Since 2008, however, this sector had experienced a downturn as a result of the financial crisis.
This report is a must-have resource in this economic climate - it will pinpoint the areas that hold the best prospects for the private sector and predicts the areas that are most likely to recover, so you can identify the potential future opportunities for your business.
There will still be exciting opportunities for the water and wastewater sector as the market is predicted to make a partial recovery to pre-boom levels. Capital expenditure is expected to rise from $1.5 billion in 2013 to $2.2 billion in 2018 and the report shows you why private operations and wastewater treatment offer the biggest opportunities over the next 5 years.
If you are looking to expand your business or increase your market share in the Spanish water and wastewater sector then this report offers you a complete toolkit for success. We show you how you can overcome the obstacles presented by the financial crisis, pinpoint the opportunities, give you strategies for market entry plus market forecasts, a chapter on regulations and a full database of Spanish utilities.
Market drivers and opportunities
This report identifies the main areas of opportunity to be in private operations and wastewater treatment:
Municipal governments are responsible for water and wastewater service provision, and they can either provide services directly or outsource them to private companies.
The water and wastewater concession market has offer a number of opportunities in the past few years and offers must better prospects for the private sector than tenders for construction projects for two reasons:
• The economic downturn is pushing local governments to consider private investment
• There is a trend of delegating the operation of water services to achieve economies of scale and to optimize costs.
This market has come to a virtual standstill in recent years, but there will be some areas that offer opportunities for the private sector. We show you which areas you should monitor and how you can harness the best opportunities as and when the arise:
• Wastewater treatment – Spain has a track record of failing to comply with water treatment and water quality regulations, so the government has set up some directives that sets the deadline for compliance at 2015. This will be the biggest area of opportunity for the private sector, spending on water and wastewater infrastructure will need to increase to meet these targets and WWTPs will need to be built or upgraded to achieve compliance.
• Water reuse – this has been a growth area over the past few years and there is still huge potential for treated wastewater to be exploited. We show you where opportunities are likely to emerge if funding becomes available. We show you exactly how these contracts are procured, how to enter the supply chain and generally how the market works in practice, so you have the best chance of success in this market as an when opportunities arise.
The Romania market insight report offers a complete guide to the country’s existing regulatory framework and laws, as well as predicting future regulatory scenarios.
This report will allow you to understand which current and emerging regulations will create a demand for your technology, and help you plan the expansion of your product portfolio for compliance with future regulations in this market.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water quality regulations
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A database of over 114 utilities in Spain…
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in Spain, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The PTFE membrane market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% in terms of value during the forecast period” The PTFE membrane market was valued at USD 1.49 billion in 2015, and is projected to ...
“Increasing demand in water & wastewater treatment application is the prime factor for the growth of the membranes market” The global membranes market is projected to reach USD 11.95 billion by 2021, ...
Growth Driven by Power, Petrochemical, and Chemical Industries The North American market for mobile water and wastewater treatment systems serves a critical purpose in keeping facilities running and responding ...