Table of Contents
In the United Arab Emirates, poor renewable supplies, high per capita water use and a surplus of oil money combine to make an attractive market. There is a prolific market for water and wastewater projects and the UAE has one of the longest track records for privately financed desalination and wastewater treatment projects.
On top of this, water demand is expected to increase by 81% by 2030 – this market insight report is an essential handbook to the emerging opportunities in this sector. We predict that capital expenditure will double from $1.2 billion in 2011 to $2.7 billion, so now is the time to plan your involvement in this sector.
Global Water Intelligence Market Insight: UAE includes in-depth analysis of the water sector structure, challenges and opportunities as well as a regulations guide and full list of utilities in the UAE.
Market drivers and opportunities
This report looks at opportunities in the UAE in two sections – Abu Dhabi and outside Abu Dhabi.
Not only is Abu Dhabi the biggest spender on water and wastewater infrastructure in the Emirate, but it also has a long history of dealing with the international private sector, making this a very attractive market for international water companies looking to expand their business into new region.
Global Water Intelligence Market Insight: UAE will pinpoint the biggest avenues of opportunity for the private sector:
• Private Finance Market – Abu Dhabi regularly taps the private finance market. We will identify the types of projects going out to tender, the best projects for your involvement and show you exactly how those contracts are procured.
• Renewable Energy Generation – There is a new interest in nuclear, solar and other forms of renewable energy generation as Abu Dhabi needs to sell as much oil on the open market as possible over the next few years. Inevitably this will have an effect on the water industry – we show you exactly what trends and opportunities this development is creating, so you can see if decide if this market driver offers prospects for your business.
• Advanced wastewater treatment – we look at how the regulations in Abu Dhabi have affected the adoption of higher levels of wastewater treatment and will predict potential avenues of opportunity for advanced wastewater treatment in this market – so you can be sure to capitalise on emerging trends.
This market insight report looks at how the financial crisis has affected opportunities in this market. The report predicts the future of infrastructure development in the UAE; assesses how developments in the property market might affect investment in water and wastewater and investigates the market for utility projects in outlying parts of the UAE – giving you a realistic picture of where the market is going, so you can decide if this is market that holds prospects for your business.
The report investigates, in great depth, how ‘The National Strategy and Action Plan for Environmental Health 2009’ has affected drinking water regulations on the UAE – on either federate of emirate level – and how these regulations will affect how you do business in this market.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water quality regulations
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A database of all the utilities in the UAE…
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in the UAE, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The PTFE membrane market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% in terms of value during the forecast period” The PTFE membrane market was valued at USD 1.49 billion in 2015, and is projected to ...
“Increasing demand in water & wastewater treatment application is the prime factor for the growth of the membranes market” The global membranes market is projected to reach USD 11.95 billion by 2021, ...
Growth Driven by Power, Petrochemical, and Chemical Industries The North American market for mobile water and wastewater treatment systems serves a critical purpose in keeping facilities running and responding ...