Table of Contents
The UK water and wastewater market is one the world’s top 10 markets – it is an extremely attractive market due to its sheer size and opportunities for the private sector. Nearly 89% of the population is served by fully privatised water utilities – the highest in the world – with a further 6% covered by projects that involve the private sector.
Capital expenditure on water and wastewater infrastructure is set to increase from $8.1 billion in 2011 to $49.8 billion in 2018, so now is the time to plan your involvement in this accelerating market.
Global Water Intelligence Market Insight: United Kingdom will be your complete toolkit for capitalising on the growth in this market – the report identifies the best emerging opportunities, offers market entry strategies and supply chain analysis, market forecasts, a full chapter on regulations and a database of 25 UK water utilities.
Market drivers and opportunities
England and Wales
These regions will offer you the biggest opportunities for your business – services are fully privatised and cover nearly 89% of the UK’s population. Utilities are stringently monitored by Ofwat to ensure that investments that are required are carried out – it has targeted spending of $15.5 billion on water and $20 billion on wastewater by 2018, and we show you how you can get involved in the emerging opportunities.
Success in this market is dependent on complying with the UK’s policies and legislation, and understanding exactly how the market works. This report walks you through the intricate details of the five-year Asset Management Plan (AMP) cycles, so you have the best chance of winning contracts – it covers:
• Procurement processes and tender documents
• Framework agreements – these are the contracts between water companies and supply chain companies for the provision of goods or services. We show you exactly how framework agreements work, so you know how to do business in the UK water market.
• Emerging alliance frameworks and collaborative partnerships as an alternative to standard frameworks.
Scotland and Northern Ireland
Although water and wastewater services are publically owned in Scotland & Northern Ireland, there is a large degree of outsourcing to the private sector for individual projects.
This report will show you:
• The developments in procurement models and processes that will affect private sector opportunities.
• Emerging projects and wastewater treatment schemes that could present opportunities for your business.
This report looks at the regulations in place, compliance and enforcement so you can see how they will affect your business decisions and opportunities in this market.
This chapter includes:
• Regulatory framework for drinking water, wastewater discharge and reuse
• Drinking water quality regulations
• Municipal and industrial wastewater quality regulations
• Water reuse regulations
• Implementation of regulations and compliance
• Water in industry
• Future regulatory scenario and conclusions
• List of laws, standards and policies - both in their native language and English, with internet links for easy location
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in the United Kingdom, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Analyze the applications of flocculants and the market dynamics of each application and growth strategies of key players in the flocculants market. - Understand drivers, restraints, ...
Use this report to: - Receive information on water infrastructure repair technologies (WIRT) used in global drinking water distribution and wastewater collection piped infrastructure systems. - Assess ...
Global Water Meter Market: Overview The water meter market report provides analysis for the period 2014–2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 is the forecast period and 2015 is the base year. The ...