Table of Contents
The Vietnamese water and wastewater sector is an excellent market that is just about to take off. Many factors are making this a very attractive market for the private sector including the country’s rapid urbanisation and industrialisation, a projected GDP growth rate of over 8%, government support for private sector participation and major funding from official development assistance donors.
Taking all these factors into account, capital expenditure is set to treble from $300 million in 2011 to $830 million by 2018 – and now is the time to plan your involvement in this growing market. We explore opportunities in donor-financed WTP, WWTP and networks projects as well as a growing market for private WWTPs to serve industrial zones, real estate developments and resorts.
Global Water Intelligence Market Insight: Vietnam will explore the best opportunities for the private sector, analyse the procurement models and supply chains and give you concrete sales leads via project trackers and a utilities database.
Market drivers and opportunities
The Vietnamese government are putting urban water and wastewater coverage high on their list of priorities over the next decade – aiming to achieve 100% water coverage and 50-80% centralised water collection and treatment by 2025.
We explore the opportunities in the water treatment plant (WTP), wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) and network projects and show you the best avenues for private sector involvement:
• Official development assistance (ODA) donor projects – this report identifies the most prominent donor organisations, analyses exactly how their projects work and assess the opening for international private companies, dependent on the donor that is running the project. This in-depth analysis will allow you to realistically assess the opportunities for your business in these projects.
• Private-private contracts – the market for foreign companies to work on WTP and WWTPs is growing rapidly. We analyse the trends and regulatory frameworks that are driving this growth; the most common contracts and the opportunities they offer; and exactly how you can get involved in these projects ahead of your competition.
• Private operators – the report offers a realistic insight into the opportunities for private operators in this market and analyse the potential openings for your business in the future.
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
• Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
• Supply chain analysis
• A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
• Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A database of 76 water utilities in Vietnam…
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in Vietnam, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
• Utility name
• General email address
• Water services
• Wastewater services
• Drainage/stormwater service
• Other services
• Service area type
• Service area description
• Ownership type
• Name of the owner/contract operator
• Population served water (number)
• Population served wastewater (number)
• Water connections (number)
• Wastewater connections (number)
• Water pipe network (km)
• Wastewater pipe network (km)
• Name of Head of the organisation
• Job title
• Phone number
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Analyze the applications of flocculants and the market dynamics of each application and growth strategies of key players in the flocculants market. - Understand drivers, restraints, ...
Use this report to: - Receive information on water infrastructure repair technologies (WIRT) used in global drinking water distribution and wastewater collection piped infrastructure systems. - Assess ...
Global Water Meter Market: Overview The water meter market report provides analysis for the period 2014–2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 is the forecast period and 2015 is the base year. The ...