Table of Contents
Improving Economic Conditions to Result in Growth
The oscilloscopes market is the largest and fastest-growing product category in the general purpose test equipment industry. Europe represents a sizeable portion of this global market. In this study, key industry challenges, drivers, and restraints pertaining to the European region are identified and discussed. It also features analysis of the market from different perspectives, including by country/region and vertical. The base year for the analysis is 2012 with the forecast period ending in 2019. A detailed market share analysis is also included, identifying the companies expected to gain share against their competitors during the forecast period.
• The oscilloscopes market reached $Xmillion in Europe in 2012. It is a large and mature market supported by a significant mainstream business for oscilloscopes.
• Low- and high-speed serial data interfaces, particularly in the automotive, industrial, and communications industries sustain demand.
• Significant research and development (R&D) activity is taking place in Europe, especially in the Western part of the region. Europe represents aboutX% of the total global R&D spending and, although it took a step back in 2012, it has reset its objective of investing X% of its GDP by 2020.
• The region has had a hard time recovering from the debt crisis, which has impacted demand for oscilloscopes. However, recent economic indicators point in the direction of market recovery that would start reviving growth in the European oscilloscope market.
• Competition has increased significantly in the European oscilloscopes market over the past couple of years. The difficult economic conditions have exacerbated competition, but there was also the entrance of new companies in the market, especially that of Rohde & Schwarz, a renowned test and measurement equipment manufacturer previously focused on the radio frequency (RF) and microwave (MW) domain.
• Great strides made by Agilent Technologies and Teledyne LeCroy in the global oscilloscopes market are also being reflected in Europe.
• Increasing complexity of electronic designs across industries call for more capabilities in oscilloscopes. The oscilloscope is morphing into a measurement tool.
• Due to the demand for mainstream and mid-range oscilloscopes, there is a great reliance on indirect distribution channels in Europe. Online sales channels are expected to increase in importance in this region.
1. Key economic indicators point to a revival of demand in the 2nd half of 2013. Strategies around price, investment protection, and alternatives to capital purchases are needed in the near term to maximize revenue.
2. Proliferation of electronics across industries and their increasing complexity, combined with the efforts being made to improve battery performance in mobile devices, will drive growth.
3. Rohde & Schwarz and Teledyne LeCroy are strong challengers in Europe (more so than in any other global regions) and are expected to gain share.
4. Customer focus on scalability could restrain growth in the future as more of the revenues of OEMs will come from upgrades.
5. The importance of the mainstream oscilloscope business in Europe and the sheer number of countries call for a sound distribution strategy that includes ecommerce.
This market includes all types of oscilloscopes including:
• Traditional oscilloscopes: real-time and sampling
• Software-defined oscilloscopes Traditional oscilloscopes are in the box form factor while software-defined oscilloscopes based on VME eXtension for instrumentation (VXI), PCI eXtensions for Instrumentation (PXI), or are pc-based.
Bandwidth ranges included in the scope of this study are:
• Less than X megahertz (MHz)
• MHz to X gigahertz (GHz)
• Over X GHz to X GHz
• Over XGHz to X GHz
• Sampling Oscilloscopes —up to XGHz
The following countries or geographic regions are covered:
• United Kingdom
• Iberia, which includes Portugal and Spain
• Benelux, which includes Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg
• Scandinavia, which includes Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden
• Rest of Western Europe, which includes Austria, Greece, and Switzerland
• Eastern Europe, which includes Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Baltic states, Romania, and Bulgaria
• Russia, CIS, and other countries (CIS and other countries include Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Lithuania, Turkmenistan, Latvia, Estonia, Georgia, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Moldova)
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
When will the market start to grow again?
Which companies are expected to gain significant market share in the European oscilloscopes market over the next 3–5 years?
Where are the market opportunities in terms of geography/end-user industries?
Who are the leading distributors of oscilloscopes in Europe? What are the key distribution trends?
What are the key Mega Trends expected to shape the future of the oscilloscopes market in Europe?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Gas Meters Market: Overview The global gas meters market report by Transparency Market Research provides in-depth analysis of the gas meters market globally. The report segments the market on the ...
Global Mass Spectrometer Market: Overview This report on mass spectrometer market studies the current as well as future prospects of the market globally. The stakeholders of this report include companies ...
“The metering pumps market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during forecast period” The metering pumps market is projected to reach USD 5.22 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2016 to 2021. ...
Measuring And P...