Table of Contents
Ethernet Technology to Open New Revenue Streams
The focus of this market research study is to strategically analyze and compare the European and North American original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and supplier benchmarking, with respect to Ethernet technology. OEM and supplier profiles, key market trends, and recent developments in the automotive Ethernet technology market are discussed herein. The research service also offers, in detail, forecasts and analysis of the market assuming Ethernet technology is adopted as the backbone of electrical and electronic (E/E) architecture. Finally, this research study provides key conclusions and recommendations based on the current value chain dynamics.
Executive Summary—Need for Ethernet in Cars
The need for connectivity and video-related applications is driving factors for Ethernet in cars.
Need for High-bandwidth Networks
Open and Scalable Network
Wider Array of Applications
Executive Summary—Pros and Cons in a Nutshell
Though Ethernet will eventually become the backbone of the in-vehicle communication network, there are certain unmet needs that must be addressed.
• Costs are reduced for connectivity and cable.
• Increased fuel efficiency because of weight reduction.
• Scalability and flexibility of an open network that can work across various vehicle domains.
• Proven technology that doesn't need further testing or validation.
• Controlled electromagnetic compatibility emissions (EMC) limit with low-cost, unshielded, twisted single-pair cable.
• Many suppliers are working on Ethernet-based hardware and software.
• Mass production of Ethernet-enabled devices will drastically reduce cost.
• Implementation cost currently limited to select high-end luxury makers on specific ADAS applications
• Current network implementation investments will hinder change in the near future.
• Value chain disruption from existing closed model, since new open model will be followed.
Key Questions this Study Will Answer
What is the current scenario for in-vehicle communication networks and why is automotive Ethernet needed?
How will the adoption of Ethernet in cars affect the existing communication protocols? Will Ethernet replace all the existing protocols?
What are the benefits, advantages, and disadvantages of standardization of Ethernet technology?
What are the limitations or drawbacks in adopting Ethernet as a backbone of automotive networks?
As camera applications become a must-have feature in cars, is the automotive Ethernet market going to become a solution for high bandwidth requirements?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Digitalization Spending to Grow Rapidly to $82.01 Billion in 2020 Research Scope In 2015, automotive industry investments in key focus areas were about $19.57 billion. Growing digitalization and advancements ...
OEMs Plan to Embrace Servicification Model Targeting $50 Billion Aftersales Market While 200 New Start-ups Prepare to Disrupt the Industry with Unique Platform-based Business Models The 2017 connected ...
B2B eCommerce, Uberization of Repair Services will Draw Investment and Determine Competitive Strategy Global vehicles in operation will increase significantly over the 2017–2018 period, driving new opportunities ...